Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doomed BA0175 flight, and real bad service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:35 am

Unfortunately also not true - I've been offloaded while my bag flew and was subsequently lost,
In Europe post Lockerbie?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
Unfortunately also not true - I've been offloaded while my bag flew and was subsequently lost, they offloaded someone else's bag. I think no-one ever has any kind of control anywhere, it's the big bag distribution monster in the sky, reaching down with its noodly tentacles and moving them around!
This changes nothing to the rationale for the distinction between voluntarily separating yourself from your bag and being involuntarily separated as a result of bag misconnect/loss, routing mistake, etc...

The rationale for the distinction is, I would have thought, pretty obvious.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Originally Posted by NickB
This changes nothing to the rationale for the distinction between voluntarily separating yourself from your bag and being involuntarily separated as a result of bag misconnect/loss, routing mistake, etc...

The rationale for the distinction is, I would have thought, pretty obvious.
Sorry, I should have included a smiley or two

Absolutely agree, and I didn't mean to take away from your meaning. Ensuring that bags don't travel without customers is one of the few security measures I see at airports which I think really adds some kind of value (that is, makes it more difficult to potentially plan an attack).
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Any baggage that travels unaccompanied such as mis-connected bags goes through extra security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.