Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Award Booking Difficulties - Constructive Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking Difficulties - Constructive Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
I cannot underestimate the value the new Reward Flight Saver offers. I've just booked my first ever short haul redemption, EDI-DME/LED-EDI open jaw. Never thought I do it, but there you go, job done! Cost for business class seats: 40,000 Avios plus £34.00 taxes and an upper deck seat on the outbound 747 to boot!
I am looking at the RFS as well. They seem really great.

When looking at flights for the RFS I have found that it is easier to search on Avios.com they tell you how many seats are covered as well.

I am not saying that on BAEC it isnt the same. Its too clunky for me and I havent got use to it yet.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:36 pm

ABZ-NCE help, please

My friend and I are on the cusp of booking ABZ-LHR-NCE return Reward Saver CE flights for July.
I have a few questions which I am perfectly happy to ask EC over the 'phone (and yes, pay the offline booking fee!), but I thought my learned friends might have some insight too!

1. We have separate EC accounts, and significantly unequal amounts of Avios; can we 'pool' our Avios so that my friend can also benefit from the 18000/£34 rate, or will she have to use the 'sliding scale' of Avios/£?

2. Can our bookings be linked in case of delay/diversion?

3. Am I right in thinking that the domestic sectors will book into 'Business UK' (J), therefore giving us lounge access at ABZ outbound and T5 on the return?

Thanks,

ABZGirl
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I cannot underestimate the value the new Reward Flight Saver offers.
[PEDANT]That means that any estimate you make of its value is an overestimate, i.e. that you consider them useless.[/PEDANT]
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

ABZGirl....Just get your friend to join your HHA then you can book the flights together and have them under the one booking.
Lounge access will be included at all airports.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by stifle
[PEDANT]That means that any estimate you make of its value is an overestimate, i.e. that you consider them useless.[/PEDANT]
Oh! You've caught me fairly and squarely. Overstate I think is the word I was looking for
Old Jan 10, 2012, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I cannot [overstate] the value the new Reward Flight Saver offers. I've just booked my first ever short haul redemption, EDI-DME/LED-EDI open jaw. Never thought I do it, but there you go, job done! Cost for business class seats: 40,000 Avios plus £34.00 taxes and an upper deck seat on the outbound 747 to boot!
It's also led to me doing something today which I never thought I'd do. Not nearly as good value as yours, but just for a silly splurge to treat some friends with: JNB-DUR in J for four of us, for a total of 36,000 + £68.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver
JFK-GIG on AA, no avail

On ba.com there appears to be no seats, 1 day, 1 month, 3 months or 331days out in biz class. I move around...7 days prior, 7 days earlier...and still nothing...

I know I need to use the 'include partners' button. Last year when I booked a flight JFK - EZE on LAN using BA miles thru ba.com, the seats were plentiful on LAN, and limited, but there were some options, on AA.

Now, I do not see anything. I changed the search to economy and I can find only some very limited availbility.

Is there something up with the AA seats on ba.com that I missed and has been discussed? I usually scrub the calendar way in advance to get an 'idea' of when seats open, and I just don't see it clearly now. Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by CityRules
I 'phoned the club which confirmed your open jaw answer, Tom ^. Interestingly, I asked of I could open jaw from different mileage zones in the US and I was surprised that I could.

They said they do not charge for making such a booking since the website only caters for direct returns. They do charge for redemptions you can make on-line.
As it transpired, I was charged a £15 fee for booking over the phone, and subsequently £15 each for the 2 changes I had to make. I checked on ba.com and it seems that you are charged for all phone bookings. I cannot find anywhere where it states that if it is impossible to make a change on line then the £15 is waived. Seems to me that if there are faults with the website then they will waive the charge but if the site is operational but your booking and/or change is made over the phone you are charged, irrespective of the fact that the specific booking (e.g. open jaw return) cannot be made on line.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CityRules
I cannot find anywhere where it states that if it is impossible to make a change on line then the £15 is waived. Seems to me that if there are faults with the website then they will waive the charge but if the site is operational but your booking and/or change is made over the phone you are charged, irrespective of the fact that the specific booking (e.g. open jaw return) cannot be made on line.
I believe the policy is:-
  • [*]
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I believe the policy is:-
  • [*]
I regularly make open jaw redemption (book and upgrade) bookings. The website doesn't offer the functionality as has been pointed out but I cannot remember the last time I was charged an offline fee. It is possibly different using the gold line?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfmad
It is possibly different using the gold line?
Yes: Golds usually have the phone fees waived.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes: Golds usually have the phone fees waived.
Coincidentally, I just needed to make a redemption booking for my wife to go back to the UK in June/July. Commercial fares have gone through the roof (a certain event in the summer) so we opted for a full redemption booking which is better value than normal this summer. Open jaw again so I called. They didn't charge me the offline fee so at the end of the process I asked the sales agent what her rules were. She said the following:

(1) If it's mixed cabin then they don't charge. This booking was mixed cabin in that the domestic was economy and the international wasn't.
(2) If it can't be done online (open jaw) then they can look at waiving the processing fee. I'm guessing this is what they tend to do by default for members with status.

I was surprised at (1) and thought I'd share the info.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:57 am

Dec help

Looking for seats on the following flights in Dec:

1) MAD-DKR. IB Business seats available but none in Economy after about Oct. Reverse direction readily available.

2) Any intra Caribbean awards in any class (UVF-POS, BGI-GND, TAB-BGI, ANU-SKB). Posted in another thread but hoping someone can shed light as to why no awards seem to be available all year.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't think December is fully within the booking horizon for many airlines just yet.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Charged offline fee for mixed-class 241 redemption

Just been charged the offline booking fee for making a mixed class redemption of a 241. Operative was adamant that it's waived only when a function available online isn't working, not when a function isn't available online and you have to call. Politely queried; no joy; made the booking anyway to snag my LHR-CPT seats in J and F but not happy; I know it's only £15 but am a bit tired of BA's nickel-and-diming; can I pursue this?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.