Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ultimate breakfast of champions - bacon and egg, mushroom or tomato

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate breakfast of champions - bacon and egg, mushroom or tomato

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Forget the white bread!! It has too much refined white flour that is not healthy. I just got back home with my supply of nicely smoked bacon - really thick. I nuked a couple of slices and put it on toasted rye bread (actually schwarzbrot type of locally baked bread). Nice. I didn't forget my Lipitor tablet

Strong black coffee was the libation as I had no bubbly on hand.

This is what BA lounges should have on-offer
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The problem with Norway is that there is an abundance of delicious and healthy bread to eat. Sometimes I yearn for a bacon sandwich made with unhealthy white soft Kingsmill... yum
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by Chris C
The problem with Norway is that there is an abundance of delicious and healthy bread to eat. Sometimes I yearn for a bacon sandwich made with unhealthy white soft Kingsmill... yum
Yep, will be sampling the wide variety of breads in Oslo for the next couple of weeks. The "works canteen" where I will be bears no relation to most that you would find in the UK.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by speccy
5 - Tattie Scone...

but that pales into insignificance when compared with the square slice and tattie scone option!
Which in turn pales into insignificance against the "triple decker" fried egg/square sausage/tattie scone roll, all washed down with a bottle of Irn Bru.

That would take care of the mightiest of hangovers. So hopefully not needed in the Lounge.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Got to be either bacon/lorne sausage with a runny egg. Much as I like a tattie scone they're too dry to have with just sausage or bacon.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I'm torn between mushroom and sausage. I think I'd go with sausage.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Weean
Which in turn pales into insignificance against the "triple decker" fried egg/square sausage/tattie scone roll, all washed down with a bottle of Irn Bru.
You have no idea how appealing that sounds. Having not been across the border in about 3 months, I need to satisfy my craving
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Originally Posted by tmac100
Forget the white bread!! It has too much refined white flour that is not healthy. I just got back home with my supply of nicely smoked bacon - really thick. I nuked a couple of slices and put it on toasted rye bread (actually schwarzbrot type of locally baked bread). Nice. I didn't forget my Lipitor tablet

Strong black coffee was the libation as I had no bubbly on hand.

This is what BA lounges should have on-offer

Crap white bread is fine for a bacon sarnie. They arent supposed to be healthy. Really thick smoked bacon is not exactly top of Gillian McKeiths favoured foods list and when you say nuked I do hope you aren't referring to a microwave.

Microwaves and bacon should never ever meet.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm assuming this "breakfast" is served in BA's micro-rolls, instead of a 12" subway sandwich.

So I'll have 2, please, and bite into them alternately:

Bacon and Black Pudding.
Bacon and runny egg.

Black coffee and a ciggie on the side.

Thank you.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dobba
Crap white bread is fine for a bacon sarnie. They arent supposed to be healthy. Really thick smoked bacon is not exactly top of Gillian McKeiths favoured foods list and when you say nuked I do hope you aren't referring to a microwave. ...
GILLIAN WHO? Never heard of her. Shows her significance in the grand scheme of things.

No bottled gas means desperate measures. Microwaves transfer energy to the bacon and makes it nice and chrisp. A cast iron frying pan on an open gas flame would be better, but no gas means ...

Microwaves and Lipitor take care of any issues when I am desperate. I do try to look after myself - look at the bread I eat Besides, this was the first bacon sandwich I've had since June. My current diet uses a LOT of fresh veggies straight from our garden. ^ For instance tonight I skipped the brai and sat with locals and friends and ate noting but some greens that looked like swiss chard or lettuce but tasted like neither. Lemon grass and "morning glory" adds to the flavour adventure. Heck, I have just convinced myself to have another bacon sandwich tomorrow morning but the libation will be green/mint tea. There is absolutely no white bread here, nor has there been for several weeks
Old Nov 18, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Black pudding, of course! They're the highlight of my breakfast time trips to the F Lounge... in fact, I go there just for the black pudding!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Too much travel
Black pudding, of course!
Black pudding and beans in a roll would be nice.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Black pudding and beans in a roll would be nice.
Add a slice of bacon, a bib and a private place to eat it, and you have the HilFly Special! Washed down with a nice cup of tea.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by HilFly
Add a slice of bacon, a bib and a private place to eat it, and you have the HilFly Special! Washed down with a nice cup of tea.
I wouldn't know.....can't get baked beans here.

I had a bash at making my own but the sauce was far too natural to be nice.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I wouldn't know.....can't get baked beans here.

I had a bash at making my own but the sauce was far too natural to be nice.
Are you allowed to take them in or have them shipped in?

I make Boston baked beans all the time but I have never tried to reproduce Heinz. Maybe that can be my next project.....

Last edited by HilFly; Nov 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.