Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Executive Club card designs unveiled

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Herman ze German
Given that they officially don't even exist I don't think they'll appear on the official Channels.
According to ba.com Gold is the highest Tier, they don't even mention GGL.
Well they do exist!

I'll put a pic on here later if you are all very nice to me!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Abstract1
Well they do exist!

I'll put a pic on here later if you are all very nice to me!
Ok scrap that I see someone already beat me to it!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
I hope that's only a Class C substance you're using!!

Come on, Prospero, the majority here are fairly normal people.
Where's this "Core Concept" to which you refer? It's a disjointed collection of designs, for which BA presumably paid many many £K.

There's no forking "Concept" anywhere that I can see, apart from the "unifying
feature of being credit card sized and providing a strong differentiation between the different Tiers".

What did they do? Hand out each card as a project to a different individual/trainee, with no central control over what was a Corporate Image/Core Concept?

If you're Old School, I wish you had an input to this utter scribble. It looks like a collection of random projects given to school-children.
The concept is quite clear to me and is conveyed through a multitude of creative devices: background image represents feeling/aspiration; brand/speedmarque logo and typeface/title (corporate identity); and secondary branding (oneworld logo and coloured status designator).

Personally, I think the overall concept would have been stronger if only the image varied and the branding placement and titles were applied with greater consistency. This would have projected a greater sense of corporate precision.

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:51 am
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero
What we see as inconsistencies is artistic license by Ogilvy Landor; I appreciate the decision to add variety to the brand elements (placement, use of colour) and typeface (size, style and placement) was deliberate.
It was? I had convinced myself that these were nearly-final versions leaked out to BT. I guess any one person will only have one of them and very few are likely to compare when they change status.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Prospero
The concept is quite clear to me and is conveyed through a multitude of creative devices: background image represents feeling/aspiration; brand/speedmarque logo and typeface/title (corporate identity); and secondary branding (oneworld logo and coloured status designator).

Personally, I think the overall concept would have been stronger if only the image varied and the branding placement and titles were applied with greater consistency. This would have projected a greater sense of corporate precision.
OK, I understood quite a lot of that
I'd love to discuss it all in English, but I do appreciate this is just a band-width exercise on my part ... and I have a faint suspicion you're dragging me into it!

So ... why is it necessary to have "a multitude of creative devices"? Doesn't that completely disrupt "a greater sense of corporate precision"?

It's a random assortment of designs.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I like the Gold. The rest are tacky, especially Blue. I suppose Silver is the least offensive of the tacky ones.

But will BA send out Blue cards? Aren't they completely useless?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:44 pm

I don't like the bronze card at all, but the others are ok.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to be honest I am starting to like the cards. They will get noticed and I can see why the designers and BA came up with them. Hopefully they will look better in real life.

Some people dont like change. Sometimes its takes us time to get use to design of credit cards etc. In the end most will like them.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:52 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I quite like the cards...blue and silver are my favourite.

I'm the sort of person that likes change. I think that the new blue and silver cards are refreshing and exciting.

I'm not 100% keen on the Bronze card, but hey I do like the fact there is now a bronze tier.

(I am half tempted to order a replacement card and bag tags as I like them so much)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:56 pm

A bit disappointing that blue doesnt even get a capital letter !
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by origin
I have to be honest I am starting to like the cards. They will get noticed and I can see why the designers and BA came up with them. Hopefully they will look better in real life.

Some people dont like change. Sometimes its takes us time to get use to design of credit cards etc. In the end most will like them.
Fair points, although I have no idea who will notice the cards.
Ours have lived in the travel wallet forever, regardless of colour, and have never been required to be produced by anybody. The necessary information is printed on the BP, and exists in the BA computer system.

I still think the Bronze is totally cr @p
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
Fair points, although I have no idea who will notice the cards.
Ahh some 'young' sales people for starters will say how great their bronze tier is. They will be flashing them about trying to impress any women that move. Also trying to impress everyone else as well saying how great they are.

Also wont the designs be on luggage labels. So now everyone can easily identify who is what level and possibly look to join BA EC.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Oh Yuk!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
I think the silver card is lovely, not sure why others dislike it so much.

Bronze is ugly to me.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Terrifically bad design
What was wrong with the old ones?! Just add Bronze and job done. New Bronze reminds me of NetworkRail

Ethnic tail-fins here we come again .....

Last edited by ComputerCommuter; Nov 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.