Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by navatwal
Cant believe I missed out on this offer, is there still any way to apply for the card with 10 x bonus?

Im currently working in France and have approx 3000 Euros a month in credit card expenses, this would have done nicely, considering I just paid £400 for 33k Avios!
No

Slightly unfortunate, given you would have been banking 60,000 Avios per month from your expenses!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Cant believe I missed out on this offer, is there still any way to apply for the card with 10 x bonus?

Im currently working in France and have approx 3000 Euros a month in credit card expenses, this would have done nicely, considering I just paid £400 for 33k Avios!
One of these might help

Sorry, couldn't help it

And sorry you missed out
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Monsieur Raffles, Did you manage to take advantage?

It is an offer too good to be true!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Monsieur Raffles, Did you manage to take advantage?

It is an offer too good to be true!
I don't qualify as I had a Lloyds card last year. Just got one for my wife and a supp card for myself. I'd like to think I can get 500k out of it in the 3 months, given 10 days at Sandy Lane next month, but we will see.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I would have applied for the wife had I have know 2 days earlier.

I got my card in Jan, but went via Lloyds TSB not Avios

I would have thought that I could have earned 500k + on this, just had a whole months vacation in OZ and Far East, put throught over £9k in Foreign currency in that month alone.

Is there any way to argue with Llloyds and get the referral bonus via Avios?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
I would have applied for the wife had I have know 2 days earlier.

I got my card in Jan, but went via Lloyds TSB not Avios

I would have thought that I could have earned 500k + on this, just had a whole months vacation in OZ and Far East, put throught over £9k in Foreign currency in that month alone.

Is there any way to argue with Llloyds and get the referral bonus via Avios?
Same here, we must have signed up on the same day just before the Avios.com offer was announced! (See my rants about this near the beginning of this thread)

Sadly, Lloyds refused to do anything about it so I only ended up putting through around £500-£1000 a month for the first 3 months (mostly on the visa) to get the 10k bonus.

Luckily (after some debate) my wife was able to get the 10x deal and so I got my revenge on Lloyds that way, got around 300k points so far with just over 1 month left to milk this offer
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Raffles
I don't qualify as I had a Lloyds card last year. Just got one for my wife and a supp card for myself. I'd like to think I can get 500k out of it in the 3 months, given 10 days at Sandy Lane next month, but we will see.
So how are you going to manage that? Top up the credit daily and pay day by day?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: F
I must say this promotion has redefined Avios earning. To paraphrase that great supermodel, Linda Evangelista, now "I don't get out of bed for less than 10000 Avios a day".
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by redshift27
I must say this promotion has redefined Avios earning. To paraphrase that great supermodel, Linda Evangelista, now "I don't get out of bed for less than 10000 Avios a day".
^
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by redshift27
Indeed, the 10x offer has ended on my card now and going back to the BAPP at 1.5 Avios per £1 feels so rubbish!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If you just paid £400 for 33K Avios that tends to suggest you already had the Lloyds card, no?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by stifle
If you just paid £400 for 33K Avios that tends to suggest you already had the Lloyds card, no?
The same promotion is running on the BA cards too
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Read what I said very carefully. I didn't say I got 10x on my 4th statement.
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Are you certain it didn't attract the bonus?

The statement dates and bonus periods aren't always aligned.

Most people have a short 1st month's statement so the bonus period should carry on for a few days into the 4th statement, though finding this info out from Lloyds or Avios.com can be painful to say the least.
Similar situation for me. I have some transactions which slipped on to the 4th statement, they were definitely within the 3 month period, the date of the transactions was even on the 3rd statement, but it didn't post until the 4th.
However I have received just the 10k bonus for my 4th statement, not the 90k bonus I should be getting!
The statement date was just on Friday, so I'll give it a few more days for the bonus to post before I chase.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Olly-
Indeed, the 10x offer has ended on my card now and going back to the BAPP at 1.5 Avios per £1 feels so rubbish!
Yep, the 10x points has definitely turned me into a spendaholic lately, I havent put a penny in my savings since this started, but have prepaid so much stuff that it all should balance out once this is all over and I become Mr tightwad again
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Similar situation for me. I have some transactions which slipped on to the 4th statement, they were definitely within the 3 month period, the date of the transactions was even on the 3rd statement, but it didn't post until the 4th.
However I have received just the 10k bonus for my 4th statement, not the 90k bonus I should be getting!
The statement date was just on Friday, so I'll give it a few more days for the bonus to post before I chase.
keep me posted bronco as I may have to do the same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.