Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

So now BA rewards site is showing "imaginary flights"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:03 am
Original Poster

I see an economy reward flight online going from SCL to JFk, go to book it and keep getting an error message. I called BAEC for help, and was told it was "an imaginary flight" that didn't exist, and sorry about that but there is nothing they can do.

Good grief.

It's still on the site too.

Beware the imaginary flight everybody!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:11 am

Yeah this has been going on for a while. it happened with my CX bookings using BA miles too.
There's this article on boarding area. check it out.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...d-award-space/
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:25 am
Original Poster

This is really, really dirty of BA!!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Montacute
This is really, really dirty of BA!!
Only if you believe what that article says.

Most of it is wrong.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Only if you believe what that article says.

Most of it is wrong.
Is there another explanation for BA's site to show reward flight availability that cannot be booked? Just plain incompetence?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:38 am

Is there another explanation for BA's site to show reward flight availability that cannot be booked? Just plain incompetence?
Might be the fault of LAN for all you know.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What about a normal IT problem... Communicating with different servers of different airlines and different booking systems sometime can be an issue..

I just found availability and booked a CX JFK-HKG-BKK-JFK and a JFK-LIM-JFK without any problems.. And the on-line availability was matched by the phone availability..
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Several dozen
Try booking it with imaginary miles or imaginary money?

Beware the imaginary flight everybody!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just booked 2 CX F tickets for next June on BA.com without issue, FWIW.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
I'm getting this phantom inventory problem too on LAX-SCL/LIM flights. What does it mean to "direct sell"? I called and the agent said she tried to "direct sell" it and it still didn't work. I asked her what it meant and she said "forget I ever said that." The agent also confirmed she saw inventory available but that it said "the waitlist is closed."
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Probably completely unrelated but I have exactly the same issue with the Qantas FF website - shows me stacks of non existant inventory, including on QF flights. Makes online booking virtually impossible. Phone agents confirm there is no availability on the dates the website is showing me.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:50 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I'm not sure that checking OW partners availability for their own members will yield the right results as they may actually have different availability for their own loyalty progrtamme members. I may be wrong but it is a thought
Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, EK Skywards, Hilton Hhonors. No Mucci, but have a far more useful Gucci (wallet).
How do you dare to criticize anything about BA? Don't you know the fanboys like to put BA on a pedestal and are upset at anything or anyone who says BA is less than perfect?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by WhitePlains
How do you dare to criticize anything about BA? Don't you know the fanboys like to put BA on a pedestal and are upset at anything or anyone who says BA is less than perfect?
It's OK, White Plains. Montacute has immunity because T8191 has met her and thinks she's cute. She doesn't count as an American.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by WhitePlains
I'm not a fan boy.....despite what PUCCI GALORE thinks.

People offering rational explanations to irrational comments don't make them BA apologists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.