Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires and Miles.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like they need more capacity on this route.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Sounds like they need more capacity on this route.
The weak peso is to blame....I'm nearly on my uppers you know.

A 747 will be coming soon hopefully.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I got lucky this week. A couple of months ago, just as rumours of Avios were surfacing, I booked LHR-GIG/GRU-LHR in CW for April as I wasn't seeing anything for EZE. We're planning to go from Rio to Iguassu to Buenos Airies and then we would have had to back track to Sao Paolo and given that we wanted as stress free holiday as possible, we would have gone the day before to GRU to ensure no missed connections.

After daily checking of the EZE-LHR in April I checked LHR-EZE in May. There was a friendly date GIG-LHR available also so I called on Monday morning and swapped the bookings over. By shifting it 3 weeks and "reversing" the trip I'm saving in additional airfares and hotel costs, plus saving time by not going to GRU. There was still availibilty later in May when I looked yesterday.

As they always say on here, get as near as close to your ideal trip dates if they become available and then keep checking! Even though I could have saved 10,000 miles when the GIG redemption level reduces post Avios, I'd rather know I have the trip booked and secured. Good luck with your hunt for tickets!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:45 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Space on the EZE-LHR route is scarce, last time down I kept checking for POU to get from WT to WT+, absolutely nothing, in the end I pad the thick end of 300 to rebook in WT+. Was talking to a GCH who had been booked in Y by a University he was visiting, he had tried for several weeks before and at the airport to get upfront, he went home sitting somewhere in Y with no success, so I wish you good luck in your endeavours.

FWIW having flown EZE-LHR on 2 occasions now I have vowed never to do it again, I prefer to transfer up to GRU, I am lucky that I can stop for a couple of days and catch up with clients, but the fliight back from GRU is almost a pleasure compared to ex-EZE, even in Y.

That said and trying to avoid long sectors I have booked LHR-MAD-BOG-SCL-MAD-LHR in January for a 2 wk trip. Fortunately the SCL-MAD is on LAN metal.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm going to GRU and EZE at the end of the month and bizarrely it's a whole grand cheaper to go LHR-EZE rtn (in J) and do EZE-GRU rtn on GOL (rather than open jaw) - am sure it was never this pricey before.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by matt_r_p
I'm going to GRU and EZE at the end of the month and bizarrely it's a whole grand cheaper to go LHR-EZE rtn (in J) and do EZE-GRU rtn on GOL (rather than open jaw) - am sure it was never this pricey before.
Can't comment on J sadly, but in Y the open jaw was a better option in July, however, in November it is cheaper to do a GRU rtn with a LAN rtn flight from GRU to AEP (closer to centre of Buenos Aires). GOL have some nice new planes, flew internally with them in Brazil, the 738 I was on still smelt new.

Personally I would not do LHR-EZE rtn with an internal to GRU as I have to travel Y and the longer rtn is hell, however, I'd be tempted in J.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:38 am

What's so bad about the EZE-LHR direct flight? Genuine question.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Panda4
It's a long flight in Y.....especially if you are stuck in a middle seat. However, I've done many and it hasn't done me any harm. ^^^
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by HIDDY
It's a long flight in Y.....especially if you are stuck in a middle seat. However, I've done many and it hasn't done me any harm. ^^^
Yes - it is currently BA's longest non stop single sector at about 6,800 miles having taken the crown from SIN at about 6,700.

I thought that South America in general was doing really well for BA with very good loads hence the direct EZE and the now 6x/week to GIG as well as daily to GRU. I wonder if EZE might get a bigger plane (777-300) - the economy of the 777 would be significant for BA over a 747 down there.

FD.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by HIDDY

And there's quite a few doing LHR-SIN/Australia/NZ in Y who's total journey time is a fair bit longer! Travelling in Y is easy if you psych your self up for it. And it helps if you're not long legged!!
Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:09 am

Only ever done it EZE-LHR, but it is just the length of it in Y, I did it in Y+ and it was moderately better, I found the timings of the meals was a real pain too, if you choose to sleep after dinner then there is a long old gap to breakfast if you miss the snack box around midnight (UK time), I was lucky/unlucky enough to still be awake and got to eat the snack box.

One positive though, crew have always been really good on this route! ^
Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:56 am

Surely it's better than before where you stopped at GRU and stayed on the plane? I did that in Y, total of 15 hours I think and it was perfectly OK.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 3:49 am

Surely it's better than before where you stopped at GRU and stayed on the plane? I did that in Y, total of 15 hours I think and it was perfectly OK.
I can imagine that was not too pleasant. Flew with EK on LHR-DXB-EBB a couple of times and that stopped for an hour or so in NBO, made for a long journey.....although it was always interesting landing at NBO, I recall looking out of the window once and being able to see the runway, quite a cross wind!
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: MUCCI
Also LAS started off with a 777-200 with no F and then ended up with a 747 with F and a much bigger plane so I just wonder if there is an F market in EZE (GRU has an F market). There will be a big Y market though down to EZE so I suspect that going from a 3 to a 4 class 777-200 is not sensible and a bigger plane is needed. Also - can a 747-400 get that far??? 6,800 is close the limit of their range isn't it? 777-300 would have no problem from what I know....
FD
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Flying Doctor
- can a 747-400 get that far??? 6,800 is close the limit of their range isn't it? 777-300 would have no problem from what I know....
FD
Not a problem.

BA used to use a mix of 747 and 777's the last time they served EZE direct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.