Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wearing a First sleeper suit landside

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I read this with an ever increasing sense of dismay.

Is this FIRST on BA?
A collection of people wearing baggy nightwear, changing clothes in the bog?
It convinces me, even more than I was already, to stick to CW where people tend to wear proper clothes and footwear [most of the time].

What next? Some Antipodean boarding barefoot, wearing just a thong and Oakleys?

[Down, BBB]
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:48 pm
Ambassador

Originally Posted by T8191
I read this with an ever increasing sense of dismay.

Is this FIRST on BA?
A collection of people wearing baggy nightwear, changing clothes in the bog?
It convinces me, even more than I was already, to stick to CW where people tend to wear proper clothes and footwear [most of the time].

What next? Some Antipodean boarding barefoot, wearing just a thong and Oakleys?

[Down, BBB]
You're right, there needs to be a proper changing room.

I dropped my pyjama top on the floor of the bathroom a couple of weeks ago.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by BA304

Don't people find it hard to get changed in the loo, especially trousers?

Admittedly, I wear heels and if it's bumpy, I would imagine it would be an interesting balancing act if I am trying to put pyjama bottoms on (I do not, but if I were doing so) without risking letting it or bare foot touch the potentially messy floor. The loos are also quite small, to make matters worse.

It would indeed be lovely to have a little changing cubicle on board for those who do change into pyjamas on board.

But we can't have everything in life, I suppose
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Like this one on CX...!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:34 pm

Who cares?

There have been mutterings that F pyjamas and fur coat are acceptable but I'm sensing that's not an option for you.
On late night JFK arrivals I keep on. I'm usually first off, first through immigration thanks to Global Entry, then I fall in back of a car to be driven home...where at that hour I'm expected to go straight to sleep. So what's the point of getting re-dressed, just in order to look more presentable to the TSA? Not worth it.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:49 pm
Ambassador

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Yes, requires feats of gymnastic proportion to make sure my clothes don't touch the floor (that's the plan anyway).

But it's a lot more comfortable and if I have to wear the same clothes the next day it's obviously not pleasant to sleep in them.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TeamStorm
my secret is

1) Travel in whatever is comfy - aim for overnight flights
2) If you want to feel fresher after waking up, take lightweight set of clothes in hand luggage and some body spray/deoderant - it's amazing what just putting on fresh clothes and underwear does for your self esteem.
3) Ensure you are staying in a hotel with early checkin and 1hr pressing service (most 5* hotels offer this.. and for good reason !)
4) Go straight to hotel off flight.... press suits whilst in shower....
5) Arrive at meeting looking like you're fresh and awake

Ed
Why thank you Ed - sane words indeed.

I suppose the real issue is that when F travel no longer becomes exciting - and indeed, where the thought of looking for a new shirt at T5 induces a feeling of can't be bothered - it really is time to start thinking about slowing down a bit.

I'd add a few more tricks I'm slowly working around to, including using the BAg for what it's designed for (freshening up on the plane) rather than taking home as a souvenir. In fact I really like the Qantas F kits for this reason: they now include two cans of deodorant in them for people who don't have their own.

Mind you this is in a threat that I kicked off at LHR, and now after 2 more longhall flights can't quite believe the topics that are being kicked around.

CBD? Bare Feet? PJs in China? What next - a bikini on a plane? (yes, I have seen it, but that was at IBZ so allowable methinks).

One more to add to the mix then - pretty empty F flight today. I was so tired I only had half a glass of the champers, and no one else had any, so at the end of the flight I was treated to the sight of seeing the WHOLE of the rest of the bottle tipped down the loo next to 1K. Now that stuff retails for quite a bit, so surely BA can keep an open bottle, rather than dumping all the shampoo at the end of each flight.

I nearly asked to take the bottle home with me.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:45 pm
JSC

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

Admittedly, I wear heels and if it's bumpy, I would imagine it would be an interesting balancing act if I am trying to put pyjama bottoms on (I do not, but if I were doing so) without risking letting it or bare foot touch the potentially messy floor. The loos are also quite small, to make matters worse.

It would indeed be lovely to have a little changing cubicle on board for those who do change into pyjamas on board.

But we can't have everything in life, I suppose
The Qantas A380 J loos are huge, double the size of a standard one. There is so much space it feels like they didn't know what to do with it so just left half of it empty.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by JSC
The Qantas A380 J loos are huge, double the size of a standard one. There is so much space it feels like they didn't know what to do with it so just left half of it empty.
You are right indeed, QF A380s do have a nice, spacious loo (or more - I kept using the same one so I am not sure about the others). I remember being quite impressed with it. I can't recall the loo on LH A380 but it too many have had a nice, spacious one.

I suppose it would be easier to avoid other people's aiming problems with a larger floor area.

I recall reading somewhere about a loo with a fold-down "changing floor" on one of the Asian airlines, or did I dream it up? If I did dream it up, I should patent it and sell it, shouldn't I?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: Confirmed
I wear my CX F quite a bit at home. And no, haven't take any of these out of my door yet.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:59 am

I wonder if anyone has worn their BA slumber-wear to a FTBA social? Just a passing thought
Old Nov 4, 2011, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
I wonder if anyone has worn their BA slumber-wear to a FTBA social? Just a passing thought
Now that's an idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.