Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NA sale

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:50 am

I tried putting an AA number in the reservation and logging in to BAEC and it seems to work. I didnt complete the reservation though.

I also noticed that some flights have Y+ -> J MFU during booking but not upg after booking. Are those booked to different classes?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: Continental, BA
I have a MFU flight from BOS-DEL and fare for WC+ has changed by $500+. Is there any way i can change it to lower fare. When i booked my agent mentioned there was $300 cancellation/change fees. Do they allow to change in same flight lower fare even if they deduct change fees? Has anybody done this before? How to do it?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
A SFO-LHR-SFO MFU for next year was 863 GBP when I nabbed it this weekend, which is handy and pretty good for recent West Coast pricing (in either direction). Interesting patterns of availability for when I needed it so not quite ideal flights, but I could be flexible enough to make it work so I'm happy!

Last edited by G-BOAC; Nov 7, 2011 at 7:40 pm
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I have just booked a YVR-LHR-NCL return for late May, with an MFU to CW on the outbound (paid for the upgrade from Y to WTP) and regular Y back. Cost a total of $1300 CAD, which is pretty cheap.

I was not able to use the RBC BA Visa for the 10% discount, though, as the call centre stated the discount could not be applied to any other promotions. I'm still really content, though, as a few months ago I paid $2,000 for exactly the same trip I'll be taking in December.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Spoke with agent from executive club today and was assured that I can cancel my booking and it would be a cancellation fee of $270 plus $75 for crediting miles backup to the account. Total cancellation fee $345. I was told it is ok to cancel online which I just tried to do and while going through the process it showed 32500 miles to be credited back and refund would be $155.00 which was a shock considering the ticket price was $2400. Did I understand something wrong? Still have my booking as I did not finish the cancellation.

Last edited by duchessofberlin; Nov 7, 2011 at 9:50 pm
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Can the Chase 10% off Sale be redeemed more than once ?

I suspect this is wishful thinking on my part.

Off topic but if you had the choice between 63A UD or 64A UD , which would you take ?

Thanks ahead of time.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by coatieexpat
Can the Chase 10% off Sale be redeemed more than once ?

I suspect this is wishful thinking on my part.

Off topic but if you had the choice between 63A UD or 64A UD , which would you take ?

Thanks ahead of time.
64A
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
I currently have some award tickets purchased in CW for May. I'd love to buy some WT+ tickets instead and MFU them. Problem is there is no award availability for any of my flights. Is there any way to change/cancel my current award flight and guarantee I won't somehow lose the seats? I'm worried about cancelling and no reward inventory appearing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.