Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 767s - only just noticed they had more doors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond

I always see AA and LAN 767s at Barajas and assumed they were 767-200s, until I booked on LAN and realised it was a 300. So did some digging and found that 767s could come with the following options:

4 doors and 4 overwing:

Six main entry doors and two over wing

Six main entry doors and a smaller emergency door behind the wing

It is strange how the two over-wing exits and winglets make the aircraft look much smaller.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by globalste
I always see AA and LAN 767s at Barajas and assumed they were 767-200s, until I booked on LAN and realised it was a 300. So did some digging and found that 767s could come with the following options:

4 doors and 4 overwing:

Six main entry doors and two over wing

Six main entry doors and a smaller emergency door behind the wing

It is strange how the two over-wing exits and winglets make the aircraft look much smaller.
You will also see this I think on some of the QF models, the ones that were BA owned.

cs
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Same with the 757-200 we had... The AA ones, for example, have the 6 entry/exit/service doors and overwing exits, but ours had the same set up as the 767...

I prefer our arrangement on the 767... I like Door 3...

Door 1 - Dual lane slide raft (straight) "Form two lines... Jump! Jump!"
Door 2 - Dual lane slide raft (angled platform) "Form two lines... Stay on your feet... Keep moving!"
Door 3 - Single lane slide (angled platform) "Stay on your feet... Keep Moving!"
Door 4 - Dual lane slide raft (straight) "Form two lines... Jump! Jump!"
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
You will also see this I think on some of the QF models, the ones that were BA owned.

cs
Correct. The Ex BA ones have the same exit arrangement as the BA fleet and the QF bought ones have the overawing exit with the main doors.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

cs
Correct. The Ex BA ones have the same exit arrangement as the BA fleet and the QF bought ones have the overawing exit with the main doors.
I'd love to see these come home for a few years before being turned into freighters or coke cans

cs
Old Nov 1, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
I'd love to see these come home for a few years before being turned into freighters or coke cans

cs
Me too (for LGW expansion .....) but it's not going to happen - fingers crossed for 787s at Gatters....
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I flew recently on one of the LAN 767-300ERs, coming as it did, immediately after arriving into Madrid on a BA 767. The difference from going from proper doors (which break up the plane and make it not feel so long, as well as actually making it feel wider) compared with the LAN aircraft (which felt narrower, like an A320, not helped by how LAN internally configure their plane) was noticeable. Can't say I like it, truth be told ...

Proper doors all the way!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by dnajockey
Me too (for LGW expansion .....) but it's not going to happen - fingers crossed for 787s at Gatters....

im with you dnajockey

but i doubt Gatters will ever see BA 767s again or 787s until they are old and tired

cs
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
im with you dnajockey

but i doubt Gatters will ever see BA 767s again or 787s until they are old and tired

cs
I'm not so sure - I think the ability of the 787 on long thin routes will make a number of new point to point leisure routes (and hence a fit at LGW) look profitable
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
The Ex BA ones have the same exit arrangement as the BA fleet and the QF bought ones have the overawing exit with the main doors.
Of course, this will all be lost on/ignored by those Know-It-All frequent flyers who think they don't need to watch the safety briefing because they've "heard it all before" - when the truth is that they don't even know what aircraft they're on, save pnly (perhaps) the vague generic fact that it's a 767-300 of some description.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.