Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New WT+ Menu

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
So I experienced the new WT+ menu today and thought I'd share my experiences.
Much appreciated. Could you tell us what route you were flying?

I'm travelling WT+ in Feb and can get some snaps but I'm sure by then someone else will beat me to it!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I'm flying back from LAS next week in WT+. I'll see if I can take some photos.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
So I experienced the new WT+ menu today and thought I'd share my experiences. The description prior to its rollout was that it'd be a bit more like CW.
Thanks Para - IIRC you were on the 285 to SFO? I was going to do a similar report but space has just opened up so I've gone up to CW.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dnajockey
Thanks Para - IIRC you were on the 285 to SFO? I was going to do a similar report but space has just opened up so I've gone up to CW.
Yes, that's the one. I was on a TA ticket so couldn't upgrade.

I wish I'd asked the crew if the main course was the same as CW - let us know what you get.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by matthandy
Seems pretty good. It would be an idea to see if someone can get hold of the CW menu for the same flight too, to see if they really are mains from CW.

It looks like BA is finally taking action to upgrade the WT+ product ^.
The cornfed chicken is definitely a CW item
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Choices where allergies are an issue

Looks a fair choice, however a question on the allocation if there is over ordering. If you have a nut allergy, how can you ensure you are able to get the dish with no nuts in it - the meat in this case.
Usually we travel in CW so it is not an issue but later in the month a business trip client has insisted on WT+
Just wondering what we should do to be sure - we are towards the back of WT+ because it was a later booking
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Looks a fair choice, however a question on the allocation if there is over ordering. If you have a nut allergy, how can you ensure you are able to get the dish with no nuts in it - the meat in this case.
Usually we travel in CW so it is not an issue but later in the month a business trip client has insisted on WT+
Just wondering what we should do to be sure - we are towards the back of WT+ because it was a later booking
I guess you'd have to go for a special meal, though I'm not sure if BA do a non-nut one? I thought BA stated they could not guarantee a non-nut meal. What do you do today?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold GL
Originally Posted by globalste
The cornfed chicken is definitely a CW item
and so is the Steak as I had that in CW on Sunday.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I have been on a few flights with different airlines where they have asked passengers to refrain from opening packets of nuts due to people on board with nut allergies.

I have to admit, if you have a nut allergy you should be informing the airline before you fly and then choosing a special meal - gluten free should do it, cardboard rolls and paper main course. Do not rely on the airline to coincidentally accommodate you and if it is a very severe and sensitive allergy you should really be requesting medical oxygen from special services.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Hi

Thanks for the update. Could you please also inform us on cutlery and glasses ? have they changed or still serve plastic cutlery and plastic glasses / cups (apart the glasses for the wine). Any welcome champane / orange juice served while boarding ? Or too much to ask from BA ?

Last edited by Swanhunter; Nov 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm Reason: snip pointless quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abfab80
Hi

Thanks for the update. Could you please also inform us on cutlery and glasses ? have they changed or still serve plastic cutlery and plastic glasses / cups (apart the glasses for the wine). Any welcome champane / orange juice served while boarding ? Or too much to ask from BA ?
Oh yes, good question, I meant to add this.

It was proper metal cutlery, wrapped in the napkin with the metal napkin holder - the same as CW.

The wine glass was as before in WT+ and the water was still the cuplet thing - this is something I wish they had changed too, to a bottle of water.

No change to the drinks - still red or white wine, no welcome drink and still the juice/water run (plastic cups) on a tray ever couple of hours.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The tray is a regular W/T tray but with a linen napkin and metal cutlery.
As now it’s only the wine glass that is not plastic.
The meal order is taken from front to back and status is taken into account.
There is only 100% loading of the hot meals and the chicken dish has been more popular which is causing lots of complaints from customers who haven't been getting their first choice.
BA didn’t bother asking any experienced crew about these changes so you can expect to see some adjustments to this new service very soon.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
FWIW, I was on the 175 to JFK yesterday in WT+ and the same menu was offered. Same comments as the OP, slightly more personal service, but it seemed slower.

Had the cornfed chicken, which was pretty messy and gloop-ey. Can't say I would rush to it in either WT+ or CW for that matter. I agree that most people in the cabin did seem to ask for the chicken over the beef, although I didn't hear anyone being told they could not have their first choice.

Given that the choices were actually chicken or beef, I was delighted not to hear the choice voiced in that way when the FA was taking my order.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mccorry
Given that the choices were actually chicken or beef, I was delighted not to hear the choice voiced in that way when the FA was taking my order.
Well, I'm afraid that's exactly how I was asked, albeit very politely

"Would you like the chicken or beef?"

I guess its hard for them to find many different ways to ask
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Well, I'm afraid that's exactly how I was asked, albeit very politely

"Would you like the chicken or beef?"

I guess its hard for them to find many different ways to ask

Given you now have a menu - why cant they just ask - "What would you liek for lunch/Dinner?" like they do on VS PE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.