Wiki Posts
Search

New WT+ Menu

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
New WT+ Menu

So I experienced the new WT+ menu today and thought I'd share my experiences. The description prior to its rollout was that it'd be a bit more like CW.

The first change is that all passengers were given a menu card shortly after the seat-belt signs went off, with a choice of two mains. Here's both sides:

A while later, the crew came back and asked everyone what their first choice was. Presumably, they then told people if they had run out of something, but I was at the front of the cabin and didn't see that so can't say whether status was taken into account (I'd not expect so for a WT+ cabin).

The service itself seemed a bit slower, but nothing bad, and it was a bit more personal rather than the trolley being rolled out and the "chicken or beef" question being asked. However, you are still handed you're whole mean in one go.

The presentation of the food on the tray has changed too. The starter was still in a little tub with a lid, the main was served directly onto the plate in the same manner as CW and the dessert was in a tub, but placed on a plate. Sorry, no photo.

I went for the beef and it was decent; certainly on par with the beef I've had in CW.

However, my beef was uncovered which meant it was going cold while I ate my starter, whereas the person sitting next to me (who also ordered the beef) had a foil cover over his plate. I wondered if they'd opened mine to check it was ready.

The second meal was the usual sandwich box and muffin and it still a bit of a letdown.

Overall, however, this is definitely an improvement in the service, more fitting with WT+, and (albeit a sample of one) the food quality was certainly better than economy.

Last edited by Paralytic; Oct 31, 2011 at 6:14 pm
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Thanks for the update, on behalf of those of us who rarely travel further forward.

Glad to see "beef or chicken" is alive and well
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dunk
Thanks for the update, on behalf of those of us who rarely travel further forward.

Glad to see "beef or chicken" is alive and well
I was dearly hoping it was going to be "Beef or Foie Gras"
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looks fine to me. ^

Do you get a side salad as well?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Looks fine to me. ^

Do you get a side salad as well?
Nope, that was it - the small (but tasty) starter, the beef and the chocolate mousse.

I nearly raided the CW larder later, but chickened out

I watched the safety briefing, which was done in the old-fashioned manual demonstration mode, since the IFE was playing up - they fixed it later though. A cursory look around showed a lot of people not paying attention. I didn't hear any sarcastic remarks from any cabin crew
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:53 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I was dearly hoping it was going to be "Beef or Foie Gras"
I assume that by "or" you really mean "and".
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eae
I assume that by "or" you really mean "and".
Yes

Other point of note: no change to the wine. Still the nondescript "red or white". And the red is still bl00dy freezing.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:18 pm

Nope, that was it - the small (but tasty) starter, the beef and the chocolate mousse.
Glad to hear the starter was tasty. I thought it sounded a bit of a strange combination but it obviously works.

I nearly raided the CW larder
Well seen you're from EDI.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Well seen you're from EDI.
I'm actually a Fifer.

Er, I'm not helping myself here, am I?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I'm actually a Fifer.

Er, I'm not helping myself here, am I?
Ah, you'll no be wanting your tea then?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:59 pm

I'm actually a Fifer.
That's okay then. At least you have an excuse to raid the CW kitchen......malnutrition.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Seems pretty good. It would be an idea to see if someone can get hold of the CW menu for the same flight too, to see if they really are mains from CW.

It looks like BA is finally taking action to upgrade the WT+ product ^.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
This look like a good enhancement to the WT+ product and would help to persuade me to spend the extra and get myself to move further to the front of the plane...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
SPMLs

What happens with SPMLs then? If I order a veggie meal do I get the same as I would in Economy but plated or would I get same veggie meal I would be served in CW?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:02 am

...I was about to ask the exact same question. I have to order a veggie meal because unlike some other airlines BA tends to only offer two meat options. I guess I might have to wait and see!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.