Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Miles for flight flown on AA and Galleries First lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

A couple of quick questions:

If one was to fly from RUH-PHL return on BA but the ticket was purchased through AA website (considerably cheaper) in economy (N) would the person be eligable for the same amount of miles/tier points if ticket purchased through BA website. Also the outbound flight will be after the 16th so how will the new Club rules effect such a booking.

Secondly, I have just been upgraded to Executive Gold and was wondering if I had a 14 hr layover at Heathrow if the Galleries First lounge was a place I could get a decent napp....usually I would stay in the Sofitel using a day rate but as luck would have it I managed to get my babies nanny a US visa but do not have the time to get her a british one before my trip, thus it seems I may be stuck at Heathrow for the transit, (wish I did not have such a predicament but being that she is a filipino I was told it would take months for her US approval if at all and in fact I had the passport back approved within 48hrs so she can actually make this trip),

TIA
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Nabzy
If one was to fly from RUH-PHL return on BA but the ticket was purchased through AA website (considerably cheaper) in economy (N) would the person be eligable for the same amount of miles/tier points if ticket purchased through BA website. Also the outbound flight will be after the 16th so how will the new Club rules effect such a booking.
You earn according to the flight number and class that you booked. So if you booked an AA flight number, you have to look at this page. However, I think that at present the earning is the same for N class under both airlines' codes.

If you fly after 16 November, the new TP earning rates will apply.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
If you have a confirmed onward flight within 24 hours then you should be able to be 'landed' including your nanny without need for a Visa. See the UKBA website for details http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/cu...sit-landside/#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.