Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When did CE catering get so bad?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I have to say that a lot of passenger really like the ploughmans salad with pickle.

No the pilots don't slow down but if you were unable to advise them that the cabin was secure, they would have to go around. They would not be happy! I have never seen it happen personally.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Platinum, M&M Senator (thanks FB), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
I like the ploughmans salad with pickle, and will chose it every day if I have the choice.
Sadly, have to suffer now every flight with the LH food from "chef"? Antoniewicz.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Done 3 evening sectors between LGW and AMS recently in CE. Various versions of the salmon salad served. Very nice it is too.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
I have to say that a lot of passenger really like the ploughmans salad with pickle.
Maybe it is me but how is some slices of ham, 2 bits of cheese and 2 types of pickle with a few scattered grapes a salad? If there was some actual salad (i.e. lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cucumber etc.) it might be better.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:01 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I quite enjoyed the meals that I had on 4 CE LHR-CDG flights in May. Seemed better than what I had had last year on AMS/CDG flights.

Just returned from HEL. Tasty and interesting chicken or pork on the outbound and chicken or salmon on the return. ^
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:45 am

Good news re. catering: The dreaded finger stick sandwhiches served as part of Afternoon Tea have now been replaced with this:

Far tastier and acually a little more filling. Crew on this flight was outstanding.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Petrus
Good news re. catering: The dreaded finger stick sandwhiches served as part of Afternoon Tea have now been replaced with this:
That does look really nice..
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
I just did an Amsterdam and really enjoyed the Ploughmans dish. Two types of cheese, generous ham portion and pickles with lots of bread,

The crew were lovely, and rushed around trying to complete the service for the full (18) Club Cabin, but ended up having to take trays away as the last bite was eaten. It was bumpy too!

I thought it was the ideal snack for a short flight.

I do think something sweet afterwards would have been nice... even a chocolate on the tray.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have had lots of very pleasant CE trips with great crew and nice food and considering alot of CE trips are not that long mine seem to average about 2 1/2 hours i think the food is more than acceptable! some people expect far to much! I pay for my CE trips out of my own pocket and will happily continue to do so
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Well, it's a funny old world because I was more than pleasantly surprised with the meal on my way back from MAD to LHR last week. Very tasty and perfectly cooked chicken risotto with roast vegetables AND (!) cheese was supplied freshly cut with oat biscuits (not in a plastic packet either). I pray this standard was not a one-off...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Seems there are new cutbacks in CE catering?
I had two CE flights last week (band 3).
No pre meal drinks/nuts were offered. No dessert on the tray and no coffee/tea refills.
On both occasions they asked: "Do you want something to eat?" rather than "What would you like for lunch, sir?"
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gordon0808
No pre meal drinks/nuts were offered. No dessert on the tray and no coffee/tea refills.
On both occasions they asked: "Do you want something to eat?" rather than "What would you like for lunch, sir?"
Bad crew I suspect. All of my recent CE trips have featured the above and plentiful drink refills.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by gordon0808
Doesn't sound too good, but I thought the Service Manual doesn't prescribe a bar round before Lunch in Band 3. But I could be wrong!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...n-reports.html
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
And not even ham or any 'additions' (chicken, salmon etc) in sight, aka "I copped a pure green salad", on a BA CE flight once. Not even any dressing. It was just green leaves. No tomatoes, nothing but green leaves. I was so hungry that I ate it with a bit of salt, but the lady in the same row as me did not touch hers at all.

I thought I was having a dream where I turned into a rabbit.

It was a few years ago but I still have not fully got over it.
Luxury

When I was a lad we had to get up 2hours before we went to bed, got a good thrashing with the belt and then had to lick the tarmac clean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.