Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA miles question (how much can one person buy and receive in a year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:53 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

Hi Everyone,

Can't find this on the sticky so hope someone can help me out!

If I have paid to upgrade a WT+ ticket to CW for 2 using MMB (no special fare, this would be the regular upgrade price difference of fare I believe) and then wanted to MFU to F on one leg only am I right in assuming that I need 50k points to upgrade both pax (25k each CW to F one way MFU)?

Then, if this is true...how many miles can one person get in a year as the BA site is not worded the best in this regard. For example can one of those pax above buy say 21k Miles in their membership year AND also receive 11k miles from the other pax (different household address, not a household account)? This would be more than the 24k limit that is mentioned for purchased miles...not sure if a member can buy 24k and receive an additional 24k in the same member year or is it a MAX of 24k total regardless of how the miles get to the person?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice. ^
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BotB
.not sure if a member can buy 24k and receive an additional 24k in the same member year or is it a MAX of 24k total regardless of how the miles get to the person?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice. ^
I believe it is the latter....max of 24k whether you buy them, are gifted them or a mixture of both.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
OTOH, if you have an AMEX Platinum or Centurion card, you can buy up to 500,000 points per year and transfer them 1:1 to BA. That would only cost $12,500 - but it would buy 3 RT to London in First Class with 50,000 left over!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.