Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You know that you fly BA way too much when....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You know that you fly BA way too much when....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
When you do not want to fly anywhere on holiday and would rather stay home instead?

Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by bjorns
Another example, which just happened:
The CSD noticed my 'BA Afternoon Tea Survival Kit', mentioned it in the 'flight report' and BA CS just phoned me up to talk about the CE afternoon tea service'.

bjorns

tell us all ??

cs
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
What surprises me is the number of frequent fliers at LHR T5 in the "fast track" (warning - description may not live up to the reality) security queue who DON'T do this and get to the front of the queue acting surprised that they need to get their liquids/laptop out, belt off, coat off, shoes (maybe) off - maybe they are infrequent fliers but flying in premium cabins......
This also surprises me. My OH does this. When I ask her she says, "we've all had to wait, so can they [points to people behind]/they'll just have to wait/why do you care, you don't know them."
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
When you are sitting in 1D and the CSD asks "how are your dogs!".
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
... your wife's left you; your children hate you - and the only thing that still makes you feel warm and fuzzy is the regular virtual interaction on FT with other members of your BAEC 'family'!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Up In The Air
... your wife's left you; your children hate you - and the only thing that still makes you feel warm and fuzzy is the regular virtual interaction on FT with other members of your BAEC 'family'!
Well I had a girlfriend. I have staff that behave like children. So thats nearly true for me. Everything else is, even though I have recieved emails asking, I think they asked, me to get a life and be happy.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
When every trip with your spouse almost ends in divorce because you go into autopilot and start heading to the lounge at Mach 2.2 without offering her a chance to browse the shops.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Paralytic
When you turn up at the airport and realise you don't actually have a flight that day...
Or in my case, turn up at the wrong airport because I normally fly from Heathrow and forgotten I'd booked to fly out of Gatwick. Last flight of the day as well!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Or in my case, turn up at the wrong airport because I normally fly from Heathrow and forgotten I'd booked to fly out of Gatwick. Last flight of the day as well!
In my case it's when you get a taxi to the station and accidentally say 'airport please' and only realise your mistake when you're half way there!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by thegoderic
When every trip with your spouse almost ends in divorce because you go into autopilot and start heading to the lounge at Mach 2.2 without offering her a chance to browse the shops.
^ been there, done that
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:40 pm

When you keep a log of the time it takes from unfasten seat belt to dump bag in the boot. And each time go for a record. Sad but true. 14:32 by the way on a LH in T5 from pvg. Only works if you use valet parking.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
You know that you fly the same routes way too much when...

In my case when the lounge staff knows what I like, ask about my kids and ask me why I changed my usual flight time.

Your ball
And they don't even bother asking for your GC because they've seen it so many times it's imprinted on their retina

I got smiled at the other day by a Lounge dragon saying to me "you don't normally travel out of this terminal, off somewhere nice .. " and I hadn't even cleared security at that point !!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
When you keep a log of the time it takes from unfasten seat belt to dump bag in the boot. And each time go for a record. Sad but true. 14:32 by the way on a LH in T5 from pvg. Only works if you use valet parking.
And the security man doesn't even bother telling you what to do because you've taken all the metal off in advance and packed in a tray and have that "G&T waiting for me "look on your face. Prague: taxi to lounge under 7 mins
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
When you do not want to fly anywhere on holiday and would rather stay home instead?

^^^^^
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Another good thread Yahilwe

1. When you sit through the safety video / demonstration on board and recite the words in your head, just to prove you know it off by heart....

2. When you hear the "cabin crew please take your seats for landing", wait for the exact number of milliseconds, before announcing (at a whisper) - "Boing" (as oin the sound, not the mispelling of a Seattle company)

3. When you think you can do the cabin crew's job better than they can - i.e. you really should be doing this at this precise monent, or you've forogtten to do that. Oh, ok, perhaps that's on MF flights only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.