Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You know that you fly BA way too much when....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You know that you fly BA way too much when....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:12 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
When the CSD tells the CC on the door checking boarding passes, that he/she doesn't need to check my BP.

bjorns
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by ardboe
Your not even near the security line and your half dressed with your belt, shoes, laptop and all the rest out and ready to go.
^
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:30 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ardboe
Your not even near the security line and your half dressed with your belt, shoes, laptop and all the rest out and ready to go.
^ x 2!

What surprises me is the number of frequent fliers at LHR T5 in the "fast track" (warning - description may not live up to the reality) security queue who DON'T do this and get to the front of the queue acting surprised that they need to get their liquids/laptop out, belt off, coat off, shoes (maybe) off - maybe they are infrequent fliers but flying in premium cabins......

I liked the bit in "Up in the Air" where George Clooney had this down to a fine art!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
When you turn up at the airport and realise you don't actually have a flight that day...
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Paralytic
When you turn up at the airport and realise you don't actually have a flight that day...
, lmao.

When the lounge people say "see you next month" as you are leaving the lounge.

Or when you think to yourself, I am in the wrong business I should work at the airport.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahillwe

When the lounge people say "see you next month" as you are leaving the lounge.

Or when you think to yourself, I am in the wrong business I should work at the airport.
But that just means you travel a lot. Its the same when you go into shops you use a lot and they recongise you. I use one so much that some of the staff know me so well I dont need to say anything. She does it for me.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
I have the same with a hotel in NYC. I get a "Welcome back" and "You know the drill by now" when I check in.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:39 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
when you stop at the cafe in the service area on the way back home and the guy is already making your regular drink before you have time to order!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: BA gold
When you recognise the same cabin crew member from a previous long haul flight, when you haven't done a LH flight in two years.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by FenLandK
I have the same with a hotel in NYC. I get a "Welcome back" and "You know the drill by now" when I check in.
Same here, but the greeting is "welcome home".
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Silver, FB pleb, BMI pleb,
Originally Posted by matthandy
You tell people flight numbers instead of times when you inform them of your schedule.
I did exactly that this morning, much to the confusion of our new team assistant who is still getting to grips with how much we travel.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
...when you start to think that the "birdseed" wasnt so bad compared to curry-flavoured crisps now served on SH EU flights....
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:41 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
[QUOTE=Yahillwe;17223035When the lounge people say "see you next month" as you are leaving the lounge.[/QUOTE]

Or indeed, as in my case, 'See you next week'.

Another example, which just happened:
The CSD noticed my 'BA Afternoon Tea Survival Kit', mentioned it in the 'flight report' and BA CS just phoned me up to talk about the CE afternoon tea service'.

bjorns
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold / HH Diamond / FB Platinium / SPG Gold / Marriott nothing
When you know where to stand in the bus to get first at immigration.

When you are ready to show your shiny CCR card at the dragon and she doesn't even bother to ask you...

When you start planning meetings in the lounge.

When the IRIS system recognizes you at the far end of the queue and allows you to pass immigration instantly (ok, that's a step too far in my imagination...)
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by asr2999
When the IRIS system recognizes you at the far end of the queue and allows you to pass immigration instantly (ok, that's a step too far in my imagination...)
This is a future we can only hope for. Minority Report type scanners to replace IRIS so you don't even slow down as you walk through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.