Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Art of Stopover??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Art of Stopover??

I would like to make an award reservation (one-way) by using BA miles.

BNE ~ SYD (stop)
SYD ~ MEL (stop)
MEL ~ PER (destination)

I found leg by leg using the one way search function at Quantas.
Then, call to BA for stopover award.
However, I was told that this route is not eligible to stopover, rather it is side trip (I don't get what that means)
If anyone has idea or suggestion, please let me know.
I would very much appreciate it.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:18 am

Well, I'm no expert, but surely Qantas flies direct from SYD to PER so the hop down to MEL finishes the redemption.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
I'm no expert either but, when one has got a RTW ticket, often it's only possible to fly east (for instance), rather than going back west slightly then east again.

I know you are talking about a redemption but I wonder if that's what's meant by a "side-trip." Not sure indeed why that might be restricted on a redemption.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Greenpen and dark_horse
I talked to BA representative.
Bne-syd (stop)
Syd-mel (destination)
will be fine.
They didnt give me a clear answer for that restriction
If any, i will update
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
And (where are my manners?), welcome to FT jeongse1.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Hi jeongse1,

It may seem obvious, but I assume you want to fly BNE-SYD-MEL-PER one-way because, basically, those are the places you want to visit.

Unfortunately, a BA one-way award for 25k (economy), is not simply a routing along the points you want to visit. It's a trip defined initially by a specific starting point and destination, then constructed along a "simple" route.

So for 25k you can probably go BNE-MEL via SYD, BNE-PER via SYD (*or* maybe MEL), or SYD-PER via MEL. But if you want the whole trip it won't work as that's not a simple enough route from BNE-PER; it would have to be one trip BNE-SYD-MEL and another MEL-PER, or something like that.

I would guess you're best offer trying to book SYD-MEL-PER and then buying a ticket BNE-SYD.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dark_horse
And (where are my manners?), welcome to FT jeongse1.
Thank you ^^
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauldb
Hi jeongse1,

It may seem obvious, but I assume you want to fly BNE-SYD-MEL-PER one-way because, basically, those are the places you want to visit.

Unfortunately, a BA one-way award for 25k (economy), is not simply a routing along the points you want to visit. It's a trip defined initially by a specific starting point and destination, then constructed along a "simple" route.

So for 25k you can probably go BNE-MEL via SYD, BNE-PER via SYD (*or* maybe MEL), or SYD-PER via MEL. But if you want the whole trip it won't work as that's not a simple enough route from BNE-PER; it would have to be one trip BNE-SYD-MEL and another MEL-PER, or something like that.

I would guess you're best offer trying to book SYD-MEL-PER and then buying a ticket BNE-SYD.
Thank you for your help pauldb. I truley appreciate it.
Today I made an award reservation. PER - SYD (stop) - BNE.
and purchase BNE-MEL thru quantas website.
It works without any problem~~~~~~
I still got confused, but getting a better understanding of entire new world

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.