Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT+ To Get CW Meals?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
As said if the meals are the same as CW then CW will get their choice first but we haven't heard from the company how we are going to manage this.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Can I help you
As said if the meals are the same as CW then CW will get their choice first but we haven't heard from the company how we are going to manage this.
This would be necessity mean that CW would have a much lower chance of running out of a main meal, which would be good for those without OW status.

I do pity the WT+ passengers tackling the BA steak for the first time though.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Regardless of the procedure, this is a good improvement for WT+ ^

The next step is to enhance the wine list, is Argento still the only white wine in W/Y?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I don't see how they can wait that long, it will certainly take away any benefit that may otherwise be produced

Id assume* that they'd simply stock the standard amount of the two choices deemed necessary to cover the WT+ pax. CW would have the same odds as before, WT+ would have worse odds of getting their first choice, albeit the second choice is likely to still be better but be potentially unpalatable

*you'll obviously know far better than me though!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Miles & More FT, IC Gold Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
The last time that happened to me in 64K I got an F main ^
Same here!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have the mental image of 30 passengers trying to cut a CW steak with a plastic knife on a flimsy fold out WTP tray table!
Lumps of meat, sauce and broken furniture flying everywhere but no risk of cut fingers!
I hope this idea is properly tested before introduction.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Footloose2
I have the mental image of 30 passengers trying to cut a CW steak with a plastic knife on a flimsy fold out WTP tray table!
Lumps of meat, sauce and broken furniture flying everywhere but no risk of cut fingers!
The tables are far less flimsy than the CW ones!! Certainly no worse anyway

(with the caveat, I've not tried new WT+!)
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Footloose2
Don't be daft - they're not going to be handing out the filet steak option to WTP

There's no chance they'll be able to tackle a piece of shoe leather with plastic weaponry....or, wait a minute, we've just uncovered another enhancement - Real Metal Cutlery to go with the China.

More likely Fish Pie or a Curry. Both edible with a plastic spoon.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
If the chicken/leek thing is what I had the other week then I liked it. It didn't look wonderful but it tasted good. The wine, or at any rate the white wine, was the same as in WT but as a classy WT+ person you get a grown up glass rather than plastic. For the record I noted that WT+ get: a newspaper, a bag of nuts with the premeal drink, proper glasses, an amenity pack containing pen, eye mask, earplugs and toothbrush rather than just a tooth brush, a better pillow and possibly more frequent drinks services (i'm not sure about the last one, it might be a day/night flight thing or one crew being better than the other). The flights in question were WT+ day flight LHR-IAD, WT night flight PHL-LHR - don't know how much difference this makes. What you don't get is priority boarding and that would definitely be nice, although as you would still have the WT passengers going through the cabin the benefits would be limited. I imagine that CW pax must get quite annoyed by having so many people walking through the cabin whilst they're trying to get settled.

Also (and I appreciate this is drifting off topic) I think the differential between WT and WT+ varies with the aircraft. In the 767 WT is configured 2-3-2 and it doesn't feel that cramped. On the 777 it was 3-4-3 which looked decidedly squashed. I'm very glad I upgraded the 777 flight but not too disappointed I couldn't get an upgrade for the 767 (i'm sufficiently short that leg room isn't an issue for me). I've tried both on a 747 and again I would pay for WT+
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
They've found a use for the onion & thyme tart!

It'll be interesting to see how it all works out. I wonder what the menus will look like.

Rather liking hot towels & nuts to go with drink in CE. Things are definitely getting better.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think it's going to be a case of loading more of two of the CW offerings and operating both CW and WTP meal services separately, rather than WTP piggybacking off of CW as such.

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
1) Y food is truely awful and J is often not much better (but it is better (most of the time)).
I've found, both with the odd trip report and one experience myself that BA long haul Y food has been surprisingly good of late. Considering it is Y, it is half decent stuff.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by exilencfc
Also (and I appreciate this is drifting off topic) I think the differential between WT and WT+ varies with the aircraft. In the 767 WT is configured 2-3-2 and it doesn't feel that cramped. On the 777 it was 3-4-3 which looked decidedly squashed. I'm very glad I upgraded the 777 flight but not too disappointed I couldn't get an upgrade for the 767 (i'm sufficiently short that leg room isn't an issue for me). I've tried both on a 747 and again I would pay for WT+
I think you may be confusing BA 777 configuration with some other carriers such as etihad who put 3-4-3 in Y. BA have stuck with 3-3-3 which is think is very wise reading the reviews.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by Lobengula
The next step is to enhance the wine list, is Argento still the only white wine in W/Y?
Probably best used for cleaning duties, that Argento. Bleargh!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Presumably it was 3-3-3 then. As I had no interest in sitting in the middle block I tried to blot it out.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Always had my first choice main in CW, may be coincidentally I've always be on the main deck to date.
Each and every meal was enjoyable. The only fault a couple of times would be the time taken to clear the plates away (I seem to take longer than the expected time so am still tucking in when the CC do the pass to clear plates away, then get forgotten). A couple of times I ended up carrying the tray out to the Galley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.