Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT+ To Get CW Meals?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by T8191
I would have been pleased if the 2 [non-Veggie] were available in CW on the UD last evening.
The first 3 rows hoovered all the available Chicken. Fortunately, our charming CC managed to find some from 'downstairs'.
One of those unpublicised Silver benefits, I guess?
The last time that happened to me in 64K I got an F main ^
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
The last time that happened to me in 64K I got an F main ^
Damn ... I forgot to try that ploy!! Anyway, our situation was recovered and they finally got the AVOD working
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
More importantly will us WT+ povvos be getting a full bottle of water again?!

Personally this is more important to me than the food, esp on a night flight, when I'll be turning it down anyway.

(then again, now I'm Silver, I can just snafu one from the lounge I guess )

Priority boarding is a must too, as opposed to my last WT+ jaunt from LHR where the WT+ were literally the last to be allowed to board
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by T8191
Damn ... I forgot to try that ploy!! Anyway, our situation was recovered and they finally got the AVOD working
In actual fact I didn't ask for an F meal; I was left with a choice of fish or creamy pasta. I am allergic to certain seafood so I am not taking any risks there stuck on a plane for 10 hours, and I prefer not to eat creamy anything. So I just said I wasn't interested in the 2 choices available....

This could have ended there, but he did then take a closer look at this manifest, and I think he came up with the right decision to see what was left in F. NB I did not stamp my feet or burst into tears, but I think I could have ended up being a bit of a PITA with nothing to soak up the booze intake on a daytime to SFO, so a good pro-actice move.It also saved me the trouble of writing a whingeing letter to BA.

I suppose an offer to raid the CW Kitchen is an additional fall-back potential.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
I assume that customers in CW will be offered first to ensure that they get their first choice ?
cs
Thats how it works on NZ. Y+ pax get offered the same meals, but served after Biz, thus Biz pax nearly always get their first choice. NZ Y+ service really is more C than Y, with the same crew serving both cabins.

I recently flew LHR-SAN/MEX-LHR in WTP, and thought the meals were pretty good. It's a shame that there were no hot towels on thw way home though (but were given twice on the way out).
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by shefgab
NZ Y+ service really is more C than Y, with the same crew serving both cabins.
And that's because on the 747 upper deck, it is the same cabin - and galley. Once the 747s go, it'll be interesting to see how NZ PE and BP catering develops, although the ground is already muddied by the catering changes and then reversions that have been going on on the 773 fleet.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Can't see how this WT+ improved main thingie will work.
If its the same mains as CW on that flight then surely the WT+ service will need to wait until all CW passengers have completed their selections? In which case will this not delay WT+ passengers service (and in one fell swoop cut out one of the benefits of WT+; in that meal service is sooner and its quicker than WT?).
Good idea though to broaden the quality and quantity though; if anything it will reduces chances of chicken running out in the UD for T8191.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Magnificent step in the right direction. Getting a Y meal in Y+ is such a downer. The price difference between Y and Y+ is so big - especially to the US - and I just don't think the difference can be justified.

I guess that during my first times in Y+ I quite liked it but since then I have become aware of what the competition offers. I always feel a bit cheated, having paid such a high premium for what is not really that much 'premium'.

I just do Y+ now for a) the TPs and b) the more quiet cabin, in-seat power and bit more personal space and c) the slight chance I might be op-uped to J.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:07 am

What will happen on Sleeper Service(s)

What will happen after this new enhancement rolls out with the pax that are flying in W+ on a flight from JFK - LHR that is a sleeper service flight? There are no Club meals and those Club pax are offered pre-flight dining in the Galleries Lounge. Does this mean that W+ pax will now be given lounge access?

Rather think not.....probably will just have to go back to eating the regular
Y main dish item.

Last edited by zoosh; Oct 3, 2011 at 11:08 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Interesting, I have purchased numerous WT+ tickets over the years but never actually travelled in this cabin (MFU)

However, my annual trip to South Africa in December looks tough to upgrade, so I will probably have my first WT+ encounter

I have secured 28J and if I get anything better than Y-food, it will be a welcomed bonus ^
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The CW and W/T plus will be completely separately loaded, if as suggested on here they are the same as two of the CW meals then I cant see any CW customer being refused before a W/T plus customer. The only problem I can see is that W/T plus customers will not all get their choice as the number of meal loaded will be the same as the number of customers in W/T plus.
At the moment W/T plus customers are feed first and get their choice before W/T customers.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
If this is going to result in any significant increase in cost to the WT+ product (I only see it being worth 5-10 a sector), I'll be firmly against it though.
This is absolutely key for me.

I would hate it if WT+ fares took off towards J cabin prices. I'd much prefer the current arrangements to keep the current fares (which have already crept up), if that had to be the choice.

It's all very well saying "I want more", particularly if someone else is paying. But there really is no such thing as a free lunch.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Surely if separately loaded then whether or not it's run out in CW will not impact on WT+ and vice versa? It's a separate cabin and shouldn't be contingent on CW in my view. Especially since there will be printed menus. It's not very good to only 'offer' one item because the other one has run out. I can also see cheeky WT+ pax asking if they can have other CW main dishes not on the WT+ menu if they are leftover...

But however BA choose to do it, I think it's a genuine 'enhancement'.

Gosh, whatever next? Condiments in their own recepticle...oh wait!

Truly excellent to see catering really improving. ^

Who wants to place bets on when sandwiches will be back on Band 3A?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: BA GfL, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The CW and W/T plus will be completely separately loaded, if as suggested on here they are the same as two of the CW meals then I cant see any CW customer being refused before a W/T plus customer. The only problem I can see is that W/T plus customers will not all get their choice as the number of meal loaded will be the same as the number of customers in W/T plus.
At the moment W/T plus customers are feed first and get their choice before W/T customers.
A few comments:

1) Y food is truely awful and J is often not much better (but it is better (most of the time)). Would be nice to see BA upgrading Y food such that W was happy with the Y fare.

2) I can see J raiding W food if they run out of mains regardless of instructions. Keeping those J pax happy seems to be an over riding priority for a lot of things.

3) W pax don't necessarily get first choice guaranteed. I was upgraded to W on a recent trip and sat in 16J (which is last to be served as it turned out). Crew had served the left aisle first (and I assume the 2 left aisle middle seats) and the crew came round and asked me if I'd like the beef as there was only one left (must be my charming persona so obviously lacking elsewhere). Everyone else had to have the chicken/leek thingy.

4) Agree with other poster that a move such as this should not prompt a substantial (or even minor) rise in W seat price on the grounds it is now J- rather than Y+

5) Club Kitchen access I presume will not come with it as it is large enough for J (who get better fed anyway and therefore less likely to use) but would be devoured by W
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Based on my last few CW flights this seems quit harsh on the poor WT+ pax......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.