Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ce catering question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

ce catering question

Does a flight at 14.35 (to Prague) mean afternoon tea? Or lunch? I'm not quite sure what the cut off point is (2pm?) Anyway, I assume the answer is probably the former, and yet still I hope in vain it might be the latter. Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

From 14:00 to 16:30, the service is afternoon tea. Sorry to say.

For more info.... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...n-reports.html
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Request an SPML if you don't want Afternoon Tea.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Request an SPML if you don't want Afternoon Tea.
Oh, would that mean I would get a proper meal or would I still just get a few sandwiches but with a kosher/vegetarian/etc etc filling? Mind you, I've never had the afternoon tea. But it does seem to get a bit of a knocking on this forum.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jrichardf
Oh, would that mean I would get a proper meal or would I still just get a few sandwiches but with a kosher/vegetarian/etc etc filling? Mind you, I've never had the afternoon tea. But it does seem to get a bit of a knocking on this forum.
You would get a "proper" meal, which on the PRG would be either a salad or a hot dish. It would not be sandwiches, unless it was say a SFML (Seafood) that you ordered, and it was Salmon sandwiches etc...
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
You would get a "proper" meal, which on the PRG would be either a salad or a hot dish. It would not be sandwiches, unless it was say a SFML (Seafood) that you ordered, and it was Salmon sandwiches etc...
Thanks a lot BBB. Very informative. So, what's your thoughts? Is it worth substituing the afternoon tea for something else? Or worth sticking with?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Jrichardf
Thanks a lot BBB. Very informative. So, what's your thoughts? Is it worth substituing the afternoon tea for something else? Or worth sticking with?
Avoid Afternoon Tea at all costs unless you are happy with a round of boring tiny sandwiches, one olive, and a scone the size of 50 pence piece.

Received wisdom is to go for a Kosher Meal. No they don't check you out to make sure you qualify
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
No they don't check you out to make sure you qualify
Well... Maybe some do...
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Evil afternoon tea! I always order a gluten free meal now. (But that is justified as I do actually have coeliac condition.). The last few times I've had smoked salmon salad, a prawn salad etc. Very acceptable. Mind you almost anything would be acceptable in comparison to the dreaded afternoon tea.
I've heard people say ordering the Seafood special meal is the way to go.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by RoseFPS
Evil afternoon tea! I always order a gluten free meal now. (But that is justified as I do actually have coeliac condition.). The last few times I've had smoked salmon salad, a prawn salad etc. Very acceptable. Mind you almost anything would be acceptable in comparison to the dreaded afternoon tea.
I've heard people say ordering the Seafood special meal is the way to go.
Hmmm, be careful.

I ordered this thinking I'd evade the cold cuts plate for an extended breakfast flight but the cold cuts plate was no more and replaced by a magnificent and ample plate of salmon and cream cheese, with mini bagels.

My Seafood Special Meal salad with two geriatric prawns and no dressing was a total letdown in comparison.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
The one to order to avoid the disgrace that is Extended Breakfast is KSML.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I ordered this thinking I'd evade the cold cuts plate for an extended breakfast flight but the cold cuts plate was no more and replaced by a magnificent and ample plate of salmon and cream cheese, with mini bagels.
Be careful on that flip side too... The Salmon, Cream Cheese and Bagels are only one of a rotation of dishes. The cold cut plate still exists. No way of telling which will be on your flight.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hmmm - I wish there was a special meal that didn't include eggs... they make me retch if served fried/ boiled/ scrambled/ poached.... Lat couple of times I have been in CE I've been served chicken caesar totally polluted by the chunks of hard boiled eggs in the bowl
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CarolynUK
Hmmm - I wish there was a special meal that didn't include eggs... they make me retch if served fried/ boiled/ scrambled/ poached.... Lat couple of times I have been in CE I've been served chicken caesar totally polluted by the chunks of hard boiled eggs in the bowl
Vegetarian Hindu does not contain any eggs according to ba.com
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
The one to order to avoid the disgrace that is Extended Breakfast is KSML.
Hi. What is the KSML offering for extended breakfast (for a band 3 flight)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.