Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you using LGW less in 2011?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Less; flew from LGW on Monday morning, but only because my flight from LHR on Sunday had been cancelled. That was my one and only visit to LGW this year.

Was disappointed to see that HMV no longer operates from Gatwick. Picking up a few VAT-free CDs and DVDs when flying from the UK is part of my ritual.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
There are actually two threads running at the moment, extolling the virtues of Gatwick. Apparently there was a media briefing yesterday by Gatwick management, and they are trying to increase routes and frequencies from the airport. See here for the full article on flightglobal.com: Gatwick eyes business traffic to meet growth target .
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
they are trying to increase routes and frequencies from the airport.
They're certainly not alone in that respect - here is Gatwick's page at the Route Shop which sets out the cities they reckon would work, and the reasoning behind it.

Amazed there are no flights to PAR from LGW!!!!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
They're certainly not alone in that respect - here is Gatwick's page at the Route Shop which sets out the cities they reckon would work, and the reasoning behind it.

Amazed there are no flights to PAR from LGW!!!!
There used to be a long time ago - but I think Eurostar killed that off. For anyone living in East Surrey, Sussex or Kent the two eurostar stations are more convenient than flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.