Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by T8191
Personal view, as stated yesterday:
  1. Seat Selection
  2. Lounge Access [for those not flying up front]
  3. Baggage Allowance
  4. Miles earning enhanced.
As I only ever fly in CW/CE, it's just 1. and 4. that really matter to me. And that's good enough to keep me 100% loyal.
1, 2 and 4 make a big difference to me, as I am only allowed to fly Y or W on business, And, in fact, for us "back of the bus"-ites, there is another one: Priority Boarding. If the TPs required for Silver were to be lifted, I'd probably struggle to achieve it again. I'm still 200 short for this year (ends Feb 2012), but I know I should have a few flights coming up this autumn. However, if they significantly raise the threshold for Silver I probably won't have a great reason for staying loyal.

To try remain on topic, I think that Silver is probably pitched about right in terms of benefits, but I don't see that there is that much of a difference to Gold.

The changes to miles (sorry, Avios) are interesting. I do wonder whether we are about to see some capacity increases in the routes where the Avios required have been reduced. If not, I can't see how the benefit can actually be felt. I'm thinking in particular of JFK, where premium cabin revenues are pretty strong. The reduction in Avios on this route would have to be accomanied with some sort of capacity increase to be worthwhile.

Last edited by FenLandK; Sep 7, 2011 at 5:46 am
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
Originally Posted by Petrus
Some of us (FT members) know. But we cannot tell because of these documents refered to as NDA's Now, speculating is for the other thread.
Can I buy you a beer?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Which is why I said ground/flying experience OK - I missed out seat selection. But apart from seat selection and bonus miles what would be the difference?
What have the Romans ever done for us ?

BAH
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
What have the Romans ever done for us ?

BAH
LOL - I was thinking about that when I wrote it!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
The biggest issue I can see coming from the changes announced is that the frequent buyers will in effect start to consume fares coming from 'our' reward buckets which could in turn lead to reduced availability of rewards.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
The biggest issue I can see coming from the changes announced is that the frequent buyers will in effect start to consume fares coming from 'our' reward buckets which could in turn lead to reduced availability of rewards.
There's a simple solution; pay more for your tickets. That way BA will be comfortably profitable, pay dividends and not need to resort to sales of miles to credit card issuers to balance the books.*

* Note, since we're all so keen telling others to read the small print, the other option is for BA to cut costs further, ie cut catering & take some more out of the hides of the (allegedly) over paid cabin crew. Come to think of it, they could bet up the pilots a bit more, cut some more from the IT & Management budget, move out of T5, .....
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
In a mellow mood today, bernardd ???
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:26 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by stifle
[a] We don't know whether they have or not yet for sure and [b] I think you may find a lot of annoyed heads on this board if they did!
I presumed the tier points would be a central part of Avios because they are right there in the new Ts and Cs.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I presumed the tier points would be a central part of Avios because they are right there in the new Ts and Cs.
Yessss .... and Nooooo. Nicci has been very coy on that aspect, so there's obviously some of change in the wind. Los Puntos de Estatus appear to remain, but the qualification requirements for the different/new Tiers are another subject.

One for the "Rumour Thread" I think.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:21 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
Yessss .... and Nooooo. Nicci has been very coy on that aspect, so there's obviously some of change in the wind. Los Puntos de Estatus appear to remain, but the qualification requirements for the different/new Tiers are another subject.

One for the "Rumour Thread" I think.
Well call it rumour if you want, but I think it stands to reason that Avios MUST have a OW ruby tier. It would be unfair to ask for another 400 tier points to qualify what is being loosely referred to as "bronze" before your tier points reset and you have a stab at silver.

As a LANpass premium that flies BA about 6 times a year with a couple of IAH to LHR flights, I have always seen tier points as another thing to try and get my head around and not something that I want to trouble myself with.

IB+ though and its broken website I have always felt is the most complicated FF programme I have ever seen, so for IB+ members, switching to tier points will surely be like a walk on the beach.

Come what may I hope you loyal BA stalwarts enjoy your new FF programme.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Well call it rumour if you want, but I think it stands to reason that Avios MUST have a OW ruby tier. It would be unfair to ask for another 400 tier points to qualify what is being loosely referred to as "bronze" before your tier points reset and you have a stab at silver.
Come what may I hope you loyal BA stalwarts enjoy your new FF programme.
Sorry, that was not meant to be ad hominem. But as we don't know, your valid point should be discussed on the other thread: that's all.

I agree with your perception on Bronze/Silver, but until we know ... we don't know
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Honours
Some of us (FT members) know. But we cannot tell because of these documents refered to as NDA's Now, speculating is for the other thread.
One thinks some of the staff in Manchester cannot grasp the concept of NDA

Or have released to me information a lot earlier than they should have done!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by gtomlinson
One thinks some of the staff in Manchester cannot grasp the concept of NDA

Or have released to me information a lot earlier than they should have done!
Well, if you're not under NDA, spill!!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by FenLandK
Well, if you're not under NDA, spill!!
+1
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA Platinum, Amex Platinum, SPG Amex
Ah yes, NDAs. Based on some information gathering a few months back, about which I too am sworn to secrecy, I would not be surprised to see the "new" BAEC include some additional products that I don't believe have been discussed here or speculated about in the other thread. Perhaps just for us NA members though, who knows..... Oops, speculating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.