Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed gold card...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Gold, DanAir Lifetime Gold, Coffee House Bedford Platinum Plus, Green
Still waiting

Made the upgrade to Gold on August 12
Spoke to BAEC on September 9th - and was told my card had not yet been dispatched.
On 12th September 'order Executive Club items' chanrged to 'dispatched on August 23rd' - which was funny considering what I was told on the 9th.
Still not arrived Sep 30th

Anyone any ideas how long it takes?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
In which country are you based?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I am also missing my new German card - it is about 6 weeks now.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
As a London-based member all I can report is that my new Card and Welcome pack arrived, recently, two weeks after status change.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:27 am

Littlefish, that too was my wife's experience (North West England) when her Membership was upgraded a few weeks ago. She had her nice shiny card within a fortnight.

One of my colleagues, who lives in France (just across the border from Basel), recently achieved Gold and his welcome pack took over 10 weeks to arrive (presumably) from Germany.

So it appears at the moment that Eurocheats and BAEC members based in Euroland are waiting a considerable time for their upgrade packs to arrive.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: AY Emerald
I have fighted several times with loundge guys about should i show the card. I have told them that the status is written on the ticket. They say that you could have cheated at the time you bought the ticket... what an incompetent answer. I checked the fact, it is not possible to cheat the status.
One's, in T5, the lady asked me, from where can I see your status on the card? Hello, sitting in First lounge "reception" and not being able to read the card. It is not the problem of the lady but the management, who delivers such a bad induction/training and does not ensure/monitor the basic competenciens of the staff.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:30 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by binman
It took BA in Germany almost 3 months to get my card to me. I called several times and was advised that it was not required if I knew the number and flying BA. The advice was that I print out my account page from the internet and take that with me which seemed to do the trick. Any QF/BA lounge should be able to access your profile and just make sure you number is in all other PNRs and then it will shot through automatically.

Not sure why you cannot print out a temp card in the way you can for ICHG priority cards.
Had the same problem last year.
One thing I don't understand is why don't they send out the cards once you re qualify for a status? I re qualified for gold months ago.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by Laajo
I have fighted several times with loundge guys about should i show the card. I have told them that the status is written on the ticket. They say that you could have cheated at the time you bought the ticket... what an incompetent answer. I checked the fact, it is not possible to cheat the status.
One's, in T5, the lady asked me, from where can I see your status on the card? Hello, sitting in First lounge "reception" and not being able to read the card. It is not the problem of the lady but the management, who delivers such a bad induction/training and does not ensure/monitor the basic competenciens of the staff.
As I understand, the BAEC card confirms you as the member, and they can access your status from that regardless of the card's colour. Basically a sort of compensating control to the possibility that the ticket or status on it is out-of-date or 'forged' or the membership number is somehow inconsistent.
I happen to prefer the Club restricted to bona fide members, so am normally patient enough waiting for lounge entry and happy to show my BAEC card when asked.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by littlefish
I happen to prefer the Club restricted to bona fide members, so am normally patient enough waiting for lounge entry and happy to show my BAEC card when asked.
I always present my GC with my boarding pass when entering the Flounge or taking in a guest into any lounge. No great hardship IMHO, but I think we have been down this road before....
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Gold, DanAir Lifetime Gold, Coffee House Bedford Platinum Plus, Green
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
In which country are you based?
I'm in the UK

Could it be that my Gold status was reached before Silver expired?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by IBMN
I'm in the UK

Could it be that my Gold status was reached before Silver expired?
It should make no difference. I think a call to the BAEC Gold Line is probably in order asking them to reissue the Welcome Pack. You've waited more than the (quasi) mandatory 28 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.