Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Open Day 3rd September

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Schools will be long back by September, won't they?

Just the unfortunate consequence of BD's withdrawal, and BA's licence to print money to LHR...
No idea....when do schools go back?

Yes, the BD refugees are finding it pretty tough!!

Edit: Just did another search for GLA-LHR return on 3rd Sept - only the 1477 outbound and the 1486 inbound available, in the C fare bucket each way!! £430 to attend the BA Open Day is not worth it!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Schools will be long back by September, won't they?

Just the unfortunate consequence of BD's withdrawal, and BA's licence to print money to LHR...
No idea....when do schools go back?

Yes, the BD refugees are finding it pretty tough!!

Edit: Just did another search for GLA-LHR return on 3rd Sept - only the 1477 outbound and the 1486 inbound available, in the C fare bucket each way!! £430 to attend the BA Open Day is not worth it!
I suppose it's down to supply and demand !!!! BA are upping rotations and capacity on the Glasgow routes, with extra flights coming online for the winter schedule.

At least you guys get a BA service, don't think I can justify nearly give hours on fgw followed by the hex just to get up for an open day !!

cs
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
I suppose it's down to supply and demand !!!!
Demand is certainly outstripping supply at the moment at GLA - great for BA, not so great for the humble, hard up, shiny silver eurocheat
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:30 am

Got my tickets through. Either I am wooley headed today or it doesn't state a start time or if there is parking. Have emailed and will report back.

Last edited by ColdWalker; Aug 6, 2011 at 1:43 am
Old Aug 6, 2011, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ColdWalker
Got my tickets through. Either I am wooley headed today or it doesn't state a start time or if there is parking. Have emailed and will report back.
Time 10 UNTIL 4 (10:00 - 16:00)

https://www.eventelephant.com/britis.../eventInfo.htm Shows the parking.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:25 am

Cool. Thanks Origin. It was Mrs Walker's anniversary yesterday, so have a little headache this morning and not quite with it.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ColdWalker
Cool. Thanks Origin. It was Mrs Walker's anniversary yesterday, so have a little headache this morning and not quite with it.
Its no problem.

Like the letters the companies write to you with you ref number in big writting across the middle. Its so big, you cant see it. I meant that in a polite way.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for flagging this up. Didn't think I'd be allowed to go, as we have our 8 year old neice staying that weekend. But Mrs 747_not_777 suggested going down evacuation slides and seeing Concorde might be just what the "small person" would like to do, followed by a pizza out in Windsor, so tickets are duly booked and we're going.

See you there fellow FT'ers.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze (Ye Gods no), AA Gold (never used)
Seems to be sold out, have requested 2 tickets
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA
Missed out again - I have requested a ticket looks like a great day!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by nedved20
Seems to be sold out, have requested 2 tickets
Blimey - I only requested tickets last night night at about 10pm - and got them emailed immedately...
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by origin
Time 10 UNTIL 4 (10:00 - 16:00)

https://www.eventelephant.com/britis.../eventInfo.htm Shows the parking.
Great, thanks.

Looking at the map it looks like it is close to Hatton Cross underground. Does anyone know if it would be walkable from there, or is it all dual carraigeways etc.?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:24 am

How To Get In?

Originally Posted by Tripophile
Yes, I've booked two places. It looks like an interesting experience so thank you BA for providing it.
Does anyone Know How to get tickets for this been on requested tickets saying they wont give me any. but i was on a BA Holiday when the email was sent so could not view it. Has anyone got any good exscuses for me and my dad to go.
Thanks
BA115
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by BA115
Does anyone Know How to get tickets for this been on requested tickets saying they wont give me any. but i was on a BA Holiday when the email was sent so could not view it. Has anyone got any good exscuses for me and my dad to go.BA115
Sadly, I would guess that if your name is not down, you are not coming in. However, it might be worth contacting the events company the day before to check if anyone returned tickets no longer needed, but I would guess this is fairly doubtful. If people can no longer attend, having paid nothing for them, they simply won't show up (I'd guess).

As for missing an email because you were on holiday...? Do emails not travel the world with you?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:56 am

Just saw this thread today and didn't see any email in my inbox about it at the time, darn.

Happen to be in London 3 September, so decided to give it a go and of course it is "sold out."

But for some reason it did allow me to register a request with mobile and email on it.

I wonder if BA calculate the number of tickets issued with their known history of how many no-shows there will be from that number?

In other words, no additional tickets to be issued later, due to the no-shows already being factored in on the first go round?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.