Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Make sure you know which LHR terminal you'll be using [flight switches between T3/T5]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Make sure you know which LHR terminal you'll be using [flight switches between T3/T5]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:23 am
Ambassador

Originally Posted by DWFI
EK flies to roughly as many destinations from DXB T3 as BA does from LHR T5
DXB T3 is the largest building in the world by floorspace with about 1.5m sq m compared to T5's 350,000 sq m.

Edit: I don't think the T5 figure includes T5C.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by DWFI
That's why there is T5A, T5B, T5C, [T5D]
BA has lots of destinations. True. But to give some examples:

EK flies to roughly as many destinations from DXB T3 as BA does from LHR T5
LH certainly flies to as many destinations (if not more) from FRA T1 as BA does from T5
ATL has a similar configuration to T5 in terms of the main building and then satellite buildings, and DL fly to WAY more places than BA.

And the 3rd runway, right?

Out of curiosity, can someone indicate me a link where I can see statistics of the daily flights that BA,EK,LH and others operate?

I have to agree with Swanhunter on IB's Business product.

Mid-September I will post a trip report with IB's, BA's and MA's business products. Helsinki was far away from my route, so I didn't have the chance to try Finnair's Euro Business product.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Better - much better - food, better wine, good service, spotlessly clean planes. BA has (very average) champagne and a full English in the morning.

In Y however BA spanking IB by miles.
I agree with you. IB's European J class is better than BA's.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Blue
EK has DXB T3 and they still have flights which leave / arrive in DXB T1!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BA304
DXB T3 is the largest building in the world by floorspace with about 1.5m sq m compared to T5's 350,000 sq m.

Edit: I don't think the T5 figure includes T5C.
Is it fair to count the floorspace of a remote building [T5c or indeed T5b] when they're only accessible only by train [or bus from A-10] ? By that token, you should add T1/2/3/4 to the calculation

Anyway, those Spanish ac are going to make T5 stands in general look rather untidy.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by potakas
Mid-September I will post a trip report with IB's, BA's and MA's business products. Helsinki was far away from my route, so I didn't have the chance to try Finnair's Euro Business product.
I did BA J and AY J on a LHR-HEL-LHR return last November. BA has a better hard product but AY does everything else better. I'd choose AY both ways next time (with a BA flight number).
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:43 am
Ambassador

Originally Posted by T8191
Is it fair to count the floorspace of a remote building [T5c or indeed T5b] when they're only accessible only by train [or bus from A-10] ? By that token, you should add T1/2/3/4 to the calculation
I was making the point that BA has to make do with an awful lot less space than EK has at DXB T3. Since BA does not operate from T1 or T4 I didn't include them.

I suppose one could include BA's floorspace in T3.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BA304
I was making the point that BA has to make do with an awful lot less space than EK has at DXB T3. Since BA does not operate from T1 or T4 I didn't include them.
I suppose one could include BA's floorspace in T3.
I'm not being serious, honestly!!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by where2travel
Actually, does BA fly to a large number of different destinations compared to other airlines from their own hub/country?

I don't know the answer but I've often thought that, although the BA network covers a large part of the globe, the actual number of destinations isn't that great but maybe I'm focussing on long-haul.
Well, certainly to more than LY
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by millionmiler
I agree with you. IB's European J class is better than BA's.
I've said it before, I'll say it again - IMO BA Club Europe is far better than Iberia Business.

In economy, I like that fact that in IB Y you can BOB if really hungry, far more helpful to me than BA EuroTravller minimums. Ideal would be a combination, basics free (comensurate with length) then BOB on top.

And, give you my distain for Iberia Business, let me say other than Tier Points, I would rather fly Iberia economy ahead of Iberia Business class any day. In Economy the Iberia cabin crew are polite and friendly, in Business they are not. [This is not a 'cultural difference', I've not seen it elsewhere in Spain, it is Iberia crew - the treat you as an equal human being in Y, in business they treat you with distain. Plenty of IB sectors to back this up.]
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:37 am
Ambassador

Originally Posted by T8191
I'm not being serious, honestly!!
Oh dear, sorry for misinterpreting. Where is the sheepish emoticon when you need it.

Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by David-A
I've said it before, I'll say it again - IMO BA Club Europe is far better than Iberia Business.

In economy, I like that fact that in IB Y you can BOB if really hungry, far more helpful to me than BA EuroTravller minimums. Ideal would be a combination, basics free (comensurate with length) then BOB on top.
with BA you can do better than BOB. You have far more choice and better quality food by BIT (buy in terminal).

Seriously, charge for a glass of water is just insane. You have to pay me to fly IB short haul economy.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chongcao
Seriously, charge for a glass of water is just insane. You have to pay me to fly IB short haul economy.
Yes, charging of water is annoying but otherwise IB economy isn't that bad. It's just Easyjet with allocated seating (reminds me of Go!). I've never had a problem with the actual service - I just bring a bottle of water with me from the lounge.

What is wrong with that BA Y and IB Y are treated as equivalent products with similar pricing.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:01 pm

Question

Hi, I am a newbie here so please forgive me if this is on the wrong thread.
We are flying Manchester - Heathrow - Kiev next week, we have never had a connecting flight at LHR and are wondering do BA's MAN and KBP flights operate from T5 and does anyone know how easy or difficult it is for connecting flights. BA are stating there should be 85 minutes between flights, is this enough?
Flight numbers are BA1385 and BA0882.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mallorcaguy
Hi, I am a newbie here so please forgive me if this is on the wrong thread.
We are flying Manchester - Heathrow - Kiev next week, we have never had a connecting flight at LHR and are wondering do BA's MAN and KBP flights operate from T5 and does anyone know how easy or difficult it is for connecting flights. BA are stating there should be 85 minutes between flights, is this enough?
Flight numbers are BA1385 and BA0882.

Thanks for any advice.
Yes, both MAN and KBP are T5.

85 minutes connection is more than enough - no need to worry!

Connecting flights are easy - follow the purple signs for flight connections (as the CC say!)

Welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.