Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Points and Membership year

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Tier Points and Membership year

Hi Ft'ers,

Checking my BAEC account today it says my 'Membership Year' ends 12th April 12. I will go from Blue to Silver before then. Two questions please:

Q. Will my Silver level last for one year from that day?
Q. Will i be able to use the airport facilities afforded to Silver members despite not receiving my card?

Thanks.
ML
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
tut tut tut ... read the BA Dashboard, you naughty person!!

1. When you hit Silver, your TPs reset to Zero and you start a new Membership Year from that point [plu a few days, because the year will alway be the 8th of the month, so you may gain a bit of breathing space].

2. The card may take a month to arrive. It's very pretty!! Your next Boarding Pass should show your new status, and thus give Lounge access. If you're on a tight timeline, ask BAEC to send you a confirmation message that you're now Silver.

Please wipe your feet before entering the Middle Class
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Mountlodge
Hi Ft'ers,

Checking my BAEC account today it says my 'Membership Year' ends 12th April 12. I will go from Blue to Silver before then. Two questions please:

Q. Will my Silver level last for one year from that day?
Q. Will i be able to use the airport facilities afforded to Silver members despite not receiving my card?

Thanks.
ML
IIRC from the day you hit 600 TP's, assuming you are UK based, yes your 'year' will start from that actual date.

As long as your flights have actually posted onto your BAEC account then you will be eligible to enter the applicable lounges and your status should be on your BP's.

Please have a read of the sticky which goes into much greater detail.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by PETER01
IIRC from the day you hit 600 TP's, assuming you are UK based, yes your 'year' will start from that actual date.
Err not quite. Your new membership year starts from the 8th of the following month and you have 12 months to earn TP to retain silver or achieve gold.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by OPebble
Err not quite. Your new membership year starts from the 8th of the following month and you have 12 months to earn TP to retain silver or achieve gold.
Well I was 'almost' right.

I saw it sitting with no replies for a while and I decided to bump it whilst replying. Thanks for the clarification. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.