Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit visa Info needed at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Transit visa Info needed at LHR

Does anyone know the transit procedure at LHR and flying BA. I know that as a US citizen I dont need a visa to transit at LHR, what about a Peruvian citizen living legally in US and which does have a permanent residency card. We will be at LHR for only 6hr. I found some information that as long as that individual has his green card with him, he will be exempt from the transit visa. The flight is MIA-LHR-TXL, they do have the shengans visa to enter Germany.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Some links at in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ndonesian.html

Also, current Timatic information:-
National Peru (PE) /Transit United Kingdom (GB)
Destination Germany (DE)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

United Kingdom (GB)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Passengers who may be granted permission by the Immigration authorities to enter the United Kingdom, for a stay not exceeding 24 hours.

The following conditions must be complied with:

- passengers hold confirmed reservations for an onward flight within 24 hours; and
- continue to a third country; and
- have no purpose in entering the United Kingdom other than to pass through in transit; and
- hold all documents required for the next destination.

Additional Information:

- There is no passport control on traffic between "Great Britain & Northern Ireland" and "Ireland (Rep. of)".
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:17 am
Original Poster

thank you for the info, can you tell me which web site is that from?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That's from Timatic, a subscription service.

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk will (somewhere) have the equivalent information.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by sniper954
Does anyone know the transit procedure at LHR and flying BA.
Transit without visa procedures apply to visa nationals who need to ENTER the UK in order to transit - e.g. arrive at LHR and depart from LGW.

Direct airside transit visa procedures apply to certain categories of visa nationals who do not need to enter the UK in order to transit - e.g. arrive at LHR T5 and depart from LHR T1 with direct airside transfer between the two terminals via "Flight Connections".

Info here.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Originally Posted by stifle
That's from Timatic, a subscription service.

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk will (somewhere) have the equivalent information.
Fortunately, DL subscribes for you

http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...tion/index.jsp

hth
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the info. I am traveling on Aug. 7, is it safe to say that person will be ok flying out of miami and connect at LHR with peruvian passport and a green card, so far all the info say that she will be exempt from the Visa and Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV) as long as she has a valid green card and proof of onward travel.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by sniper954
Thank you all for the info. I am traveling on Aug. 7, is it safe to say that person will be ok flying out of miami and connect at LHR with peruvian passport and a green card, so far all the info say that she will be exempt from the Visa and Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV) as long as she has a valid green card and proof of onward travel.
Peruvian citizens do not need a visa to transit the UK airside.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.