Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Gold is worth it

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Why Gold is worth it

Galleries First vs. Galleries Club. The difference is far bigger than I thought.
Had a tour yesterday. Both to South and North GC. Compared to GF those places are crammed to the brink. Hectic actually.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:26 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by Petrus
Galleries First vs. Galleries Club. The difference is far bigger than I thought.
Had a tour yesterday. Both to South and North GC. Compared to GF those places are crammed to the brink. Hectic actually.
These days I think the LHR lounges are the only real difference, until you get higher inside Gold with stuff like GGL, CCR, GUF2 etc.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by frb98mf
These days I think the LHR lounges are the only real difference, until you get higher inside Gold with stuff like GGL, CCR, GUF2 etc.
Actually there are a LOT of unpublished benefits for normal Golds! Especially when things go wrong!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
This is the first weekend of the school holidays for most people, though. I have never experienced the standard Galleries to be over-crowded, at least not to a level that a LH SEN would understand!!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:09 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Raffles
This is the first weekend of the school holidays for most people, though. I have never experienced the standard Galleries to be over-crowded, at least not to a level that a LH SEN would understand!!
Im an irregular user but have seen the Club lounge both pretty much empty and also pretty busy, its never been busy enough for me to feel like it does not serve its purpose though, there's always been somewhere nice to sit and no problem in getting whatever F&Bs I'm after
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:30 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by OPebble
Actually there are a LOT of unpublished benefits for normal Golds! Especially when things go wrong!
Can you tell us what are these unpublished benefits ?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:33 am

This is the biggest difference between my BMI and BA days.

"In the good old days" when travelling on BMI, the lounges (although not great quality) where always quiet with plenty seating available.

Sometimes travelling through T5 Galleries South it is like a zoo and one must hunt for a seat to plant oneself.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by frb98mf
I haven't seen that many of BA's Flounges, but the JFK Flounge is certainly much more pleasant that the Club lounge. Relaxing, quiet, elegant, with good quality sandiwches, decent self-pour champagne (Veuve, recently) - all things which cannot be said of the Club lounge at JFK.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
I haven't seen that many of BA's Flounges, but the JFK Flounge is certainly much more pleasant that the Club lounge. Relaxing, quiet, elegant, with good quality sandiwches, decent self-pour champagne (Veuve, recently) - all things which cannot be said of the Club lounge at JFK.
Really? My experience is the opposite. I thought the JFK F Lounge was vastly inferior to the J Lounge (other than the F lounge being slightly less busy). It was about two years ago though so maybe they've revamped it?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Same in LAX - the J lounge is bigger and nicer than the F lounge - with a better selection of food!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:41 am
Original Poster

I was there Saturday. Both lounges (and also the CCR) have been refurbished recently to the Galleries standard. First lounge has become a much nicer place however Terraces is still a very nice place to hang around.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:46 am
Suspended

I was there Saturday. Both lounges (and also the CCR) have been refurbished recently to the Galleries standard. First lounge has become a much nicer place however Terraces is still a very nice place to hang around.
LAX or JFK?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by CarolynUK
Same in LAX - the J lounge is bigger and nicer than the F lounge - with a better selection of food!
Larger yes, but the food in F is better. I wandered in last week out of curiosity to have a quick look and it was packed in the J lounge. Can't quite see how you come to the conclusion that the J lounge is nicer.

B
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sherwood Hampton
LAX or JFK?
JFK, pardon me two posters replied ahead of me,
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:53 am
Suspended

JFK, pardon me two posters replied ahead of me,
No worries. ^ Good to know the JFK F lounge has been improved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.