Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share of Heathrow by Invitation?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
But doesn't sharing such a service with half a dozen strangers bundled into a transit van make it just a teeny bit less exclusive ?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, EK Skywards, Hilton Hhonors. No Mucci, but have a far more useful Gucci (wallet).
Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
What next, being transported through the terminal in a litter / sedan chair whilst a member of BAA VIP services sprinkles rose petals before you, with Segway outriggers. £5000..... + VAT
Sounds like one of the perks that Disney Inc. can shower on you. They sometimes have a seperate float where a family can ride in the daily Parade at Magic Kingdom in Orlando, with Mickey and Minnie and all the gang, with music etc. The lucky people who ride that float even get to wave at the huge crowd that gathers to see the parade.

Now if BAA could organize this in t5, and the cost is GBP 5000 plus VAT, I might be able to find them their first customer.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by WhitePlains
Sounds like one of the perks that Disney Inc. can shower on you. They sometimes have a seperate float where a family can ride in the daily Parade at Magic Kingdom in Orlando, with Mickey and Minnie and all the gang, with music etc. The lucky people who ride that float even get to wave at the huge crowd that gathers to see the parade.

Now if BAA could organize this in t5, and the cost is GBP 5000 plus VAT, I might be able to find them their first customer.
For £5k, apart from the float ride with music through T5 and the adoring crowds, I would expect to get some fairy dust and a bonk from Minnie too.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by BOSton Traveller
Dont pay any mind to those negative posters, they are very limited clearly in their thinking abilities. .... its a sign of real simplistic overall cognition. @:-)
I wish I had your way with words
Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, EK Skywards, Hilton Hhonors. No Mucci, but have a far more useful Gucci (wallet).
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
For £5k, apart from the float ride with music through T5 and the adoring crowds, I would expect to get some fairy dust and a bonk from Minnie too.
You picked Minnie, I will prefer a bonk with Cinderella !
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
A bonk with Minnie? You are totally kidding yourself there mate.

She'd never cheat on Mickey, and you know it!

But to be on topic - anyone know how this car thing works when they use an airbridge for boarding or unloading?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by malkie

But to be on topic - anyone know how this car thing works when they use an airbridge for boarding or unloading?
You go up and down the steps at the end of the bridge bar the ac door.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
But doesn't sharing such a service with half a dozen strangers bundled into a transit van make it just a teeny bit less exclusive ?
I'm sure if you are they will use a few cars (last time I went past i could only see BMWs).
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
You'd pay £300 just to save 5 minutes and a relatively short walk? Sorry but that's unbelievable.

People have far more money than sense these days, sorry.
No, don't be. I know from experience before at Frankfurt it was useful (a friend was the Senator) as we had to cross the airfield and it felt like we'd be faster driving to Prague but at T5?!

What do you exactly get for your £300. Is the champers better? I'd rather be in the First lounge and spend my hard earned on something for Mrs & Master CC.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:17 am

Deleted

Last edited by ColdWalker; Jul 23, 2011 at 1:15 pm Reason: Got my Disney characters confused
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by GodAtum
If there are 6 of us it would work out at £300/person.
Thank you, but no thank you.

Arriving at LHR T5, I wouldn't pay £30 for such a service, let alone £300.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I'm saving my comments until someone collects enough BAA points to be offered the service (I recall someone was?) and then writes a trip-report. Or decides to blow the dough n it.

If you can turn up 30 minutes before L/H flight, check bags, have a glass of fine champagne and then be taken directly by car to T5C when the plane is loaded and ready for departure, £300pp might not be so bad (esp. relative to a full-flex J/F ticket). I mean how much more was LCY-JFK when it came out? Same benefit really (if thats what they are).....
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I'm with SRG on this one - the cost far far outweighs the benefits

And, T8191, I am not sure what's so dire about 'regular' departure process from T5. Sure, connecting can be a pain but I love departing from/arriving to from T5 and I find the process rather organized...and fairly quick.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I have to fly to Boston on business soon - I wonder if I could expense this?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Err, no. Leaving aside a bus arrival you can get from the furthest gate in T5C to immigration in 10mins. A quick zip through IRIS and I'm on the HEX 10mins later.

Totally fail to see what value the car adds to this experience EXCEPT in you score a coaching gate. Even then I can think of loads better things to spend my cash on at GBP300/person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.