Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does BA15 have AVOD?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by thedoctor
Who do you think you are making a comment like that?
If you had read more of my writing you would realise that comments such as that are fully tongue in cheek.

Of course I was not being serious.

I would normally (in posts, rather than trip reports) use a wink smiley to indicate this, but as my trip reports are written in Word and then copied across to FT, I don't tend to use smileys in my trip reports, which I can understand may lead to a misinterpretation.

Last edited by Genius1; Jul 28, 2011 at 4:09 am
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Prem, SQ LT PPS
Originally Posted by Genius1
If you had read more of my writing you would realise that comments such as that are fully tongue in cheek.

Of course I was not being serious.
Well, I find that type of comment offensive. It is exactly people like yourself, who think they are being funny, who look down their noses at me and make comments in places like the Concorde Room and aboard aircraft.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by thedoctor
Well, I find that type of comment offensive. It is exactly people like yourself, who think they are being funny, who look down their noses at me and make comments in places like the Concorde Room and aboard aircraft.
Oh, of course you know what kind of person I am and how I behave in public

You are the first person (out of thousands of people) to take offence at my writing, so I suggest you don't read anything that I write or just put me on your ignore list on FT. That way, we can avoid these silly posts.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First of all, I am getting a little tired of intervening in threads today.

Second, if you believe a post breaches the FT Rules and Guidelines, please use the alert button so one of the Moderator team can review the post. If you have issues with the point someone is making, debate the point not the person.

If a fellow member causes you sufficient angst there is an ignore function that will prevent you from seeing anything they write in future.

Finally remember than 93% of human communication is 'hidden' on the internet, so nuances of tone and language get lost on a screen. Cut other members some slack when judging their words in light of this

Now, please, play nicely

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Wrong side of the bed? or in FT terms, Wrong turn at the Door?

More information is better. First response answered the question, second one gave further detail. Seems good to me. I'm glad so many people step in to help and provide knowledge and I hope they continue to do so. The more one is on FT, the more critical/interested one gets in the detail! You can't always read "tone" in an e-mail/post so don't be too judgmental until you know someone in person.

Last edited by YClass; Jul 28, 2011 at 4:51 am
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
Oh, of course you know what kind of person I am and how I behave in public
Don't rise to it. You know that your TR's are very well thought of and valued. You don't need to justify yourself.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:17 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
What a silly over reaction!

I found FT a few years ago when googling a plane type for a journey from Seoul to Frankfurt. It was with an airline where the business product varied according to the plane type and I needed to make a decision as to which airline I would use. It was only through that search and the extra information like what Genius1 gave that I got my answer. I never actually made the trip in the end but did find FT^

Most people will just search for 777's and don't know about series number's and ER etc so every extra bit of info could be useful.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
First of all, I am getting a little tired of intervening in threads today.

<snip>

Now, please, play nicely

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
^^^

Well said!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:57 am

Following my esteemed co-moderator's eloquent post I'd like to add/repeat (which ever floats your boat) in plain interweb speak: Do not feed the trolls.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Petrus
Following my esteemed co-moderator's eloquent post I'd like to add/repeat (which ever floats your boat) in plain interweb speak: Do not feed the trolls.
Sensible advice that I normally do follow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.