Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New F but terrible young crew on LHR-ATL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct, we don't always get things right all the time, I sometimes go home and beat myself up about things that I could have down better. I know that I tried my best, you can't do more than that and I am I'm perfect. (joke)
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
le mieux est l'ennemi du bien....

c'est la vie.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:46 pm

You must not bring nasty posts over from another forum here. That forum is full of very unpleasant posters from both sides, so please leave them where they are.

It has absolutely nothing to do with how customers feel and you are making a big mistake suggesting our customers of being not real posters.
Sorry - I don't think my post explained what I meant. I didn't mean to say that stories were "fabricated" - what I was trying to show, in my usual clumsy way, is that the discussion here and the crew discussions seem to have a familiar ring.

In fact, reading that awful crew discussion, you can see the enthusiasm from the MF crew members and a genuine desire to work in the premium cabins - that enthusiasm needs harnessing and the correct training provided.

...............and who better to share that training and experience than the majority of our regular crews, if only we could put past events behind us?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Anyone read the new "Tried and Tested" on BusinessTraveller? I mean, Wow. Everything was terrible, but you know what, it just didn't surprise me.

Pretending to serve vintage champagne when its the standard version (am impressed he noticed!)? Thats just fraud. Cabin falling apart, no Spa treatments, no priority boarding, unclean cabin, broken seats, crew who don't care...... sounds about right. One time I am actually not looking forward to my next F flight. I really hope BA starts taking notice and realises its not a few hardcore FTers complaining. This is awful.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Like previous posters I am now getting worried about my upcoming flight in first to LAS. I have only flown once in first before returning from LAS and it was great in NF, though I never really tested the service as I slept most of the way.

I did have to go to the galley for a drink, but I had already a few drinks so maybe they thought I was done for the flight.

The crew were 'young' and a reply from one member was that he had already served drinks and thought I didnt want anymore. This may or may not have been true, but he smiled so it was okay

With it being a day flight outbound to LAS I am somewhat nervous and have lowered my expectations in preparation.

I shall just go to the back of the plane if I get peeved and realise that I am lucky to be able to afford a decent seat at least - and just eat and sleep when I land.

Forgot to add that I was shown to my seat which was pretty cool, but then the food itself was also pretty cool as in luke-warm, but hey ho it was NF afterall, though I didnt realize it was NF until afterwards!!

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Aug 2, 2011 at 3:18 am Reason: added last sentence
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by YClass
Anyone read the new "Tried and Tested" on BusinessTraveller?
I have now. http://www.businesstraveller.com/tri...0-mid-j,-first

Disappointing, but hardly a surprise to many here, it seems.
I'll stick to being disappointed in J ... at least it's cheaper.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by YClass
Anyone read the new "Tried and Tested" on BusinessTraveller? I mean, Wow. Everything was terrible, but you know what, it just didn't surprise me.

Pretending to serve vintage champagne when its the standard version (am impressed he noticed!)? Thats just fraud. Cabin falling apart, no Spa treatments, no priority boarding, unclean cabin, broken seats, crew who don't care...... sounds about right. One time I am actually not looking forward to my next F flight. I really hope BA starts taking notice and realises its not a few hardcore FTers complaining. This is awful.
I would guess that the article was referring to a flight staffed by Worldwide crew, rather than Mixed Fleet as in this thread. It was the "frostily polite" that gave it away
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA235
I would guess that the article was referring to a flight staffed by Worldwide crew, rather than Mixed Fleet as in this thread. It was the "frostily polite" that gave it away
Indeed. In fact Tom Otley - who sometimes posts in FT - has done two reports. The one referred to above was in Old First and using Worldwide crew to Vancouver. He has also done a report on San Diego, in CW and presumably MF, which appears to have been fine (apart from Immigration):

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tri...0-to-san-diego

Both these stories are very interesting since though this forum is looked at from time to time by BA Management, Business Traveller is scrutinised very closely - and is indeed given away in the F lounges. So hopefully they will lead to something being done, since the precise crew can be easily identified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.