Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why sleep on a 6 hour dayflight to the middle east?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why sleep on a 6 hour dayflight to the middle east?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
mmm...if someone sat by a window chooses to close a blind that's one thing, but crew going round closing blinds and relying on the passenger not having the nerve to raise it again / tell the crew member to not touch it is another
I was flying Air New Zealand LHR LAX last year in J and the FA curtly slammed the shade shut. I curtly told him I wanted to look at the view. He was fine about it but then you don't argue with a Gold Elite (Not that i ever pull that card)
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MrSydney
......but then you don't argue with a Gold Elite
Is that one of the unpublished benefits of NZ Airpoints programme?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:41 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I wish I could sleep.

3 recent longhaul flights totalling thirty hours including two overnighters I reckon I got about 5 hours sleep spread over the three flights. Two were in CW and one in F. It wasn't the fault of the seats....I just couldn't sleep.
Good job I don't fly for work purposes.
I think you get better over time. I used to be like this whenever I flew, even in J and F. Now, I drop like a log in Club and First (fortunately haven't had to try Y and W...I'm a lucky lad)
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by andset1191
I think you get better over time.
I think HIDDY should have gotten it by now...

I sleep like a log. Day, night, no matter. Flying is boring.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I agree with you there.....seems to be the done thing nowadays compared to what it used to be like. I can understand keeping the side that has the sun in shade but not the whole aircraft.
I agree, I was very surprised on the daytime BA BOS-LHR flight to see the blinds closed and so many people sleeping.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 6:49 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Agreed in all respects. They go on and on about "exposing yourself to the light level of the destination" yet through the flight give you artificial darkness. Why can't people who want to sleep wear eye masks? No doubt someone will be along to tell me it's so people can see the screens.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:17 am
Ambassador

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I can't stand how some airlines try to turn day flights into pseudo night flights by closing blinds wherever possible rather than leaving natural light in the cabin

Dave
Completely agree. As you say, some airlines are definitely worse than others.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
On my flight to PUJ just over 2 months ago I was asleep for 3/4 hours! I had to be up at 4:30AM that morning to catch a connection from JER-LGW so was shattered! After a pleasant lunch and a few glasses of Sancerre I was dead... woke up 3 hours later, had a awful coughing fit in the toilet (managed to get Bronchitis a week before the trip), walked back to my seat to find a fresh wine glass topped up.

What a lovely flight- 4K on a 3-Class 777, great crew, great food, no turbulence- can't complain! I reckon I will be a bit bowled over by F when I fly LHR-JFK in Feb!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by henkybaby
I think HIDDY should have gotten it by now... .
I think the main problem is after so many years of flying longhaul down the back I'm used to not sleeping on an aircraft. Plus, being a stingy I'm afraid I might be missing out on something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.