Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Codesharing between AB and BA is to start on 5 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Codesharing between AB and BA is to start on 5 July

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:42 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
TPs/lounge access on BA coded AB flight

So, need to go to NUE - the BA-coded flight is about £30 more than the AB code, which is worth the extra if I get miles and TPs, and if I can use the LGW lounge (on the strength of my shiny new CX Gold card - thanks Amex )

I'm sure there was a thread about this a while ago, but can't find it... sorry.

PS - why does ba.com show prices for the codeshare flights excluding taxes/fees/surcharges, instead of inclusive as for all others ? And it's still the old style skin...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'll get the miles and teepees, as if it were a BA operated flight.

But there's no reason to expect lounge access, as it's not a OneWorld flight, therefore OW benefits do not apply.

BA do not necessarily provide lounges for non-OW flights which they market (a la BE, IG etc) unless BA/AB have a specific arrangement.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 5:24 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
You'll get the miles and teepees, as if it were a BA operated flight.

But there's no reason to expect lounge access, as it's not a OneWorld flight, therefore OW benefits do not apply.

BA do not necessarily provide lounges for non-OW flights which they market (a la BE, IG etc) unless BA/AB have a specific arrangement.
Thanks Smirny - never bothered checking the OW lounge access rules, but see that they're clear that flight must be both OW-marketed and -operated, so guess that it's the no 1 lounge with PP for me.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by ian001
Codesharing between AB and BA is to start on 5 July:
British Airways and airberlin (AB) have announced that they are to operate a codeshare on more than 40 flights across some of their key European markets. The new agreement came into effect on 14 June 2011 on a range of both business and leisure routes, with flights starting from 5 July.

More information

British Airways customers will see London Gatwick to Hanover and Nuremburg added to their network, while Air Berlin customers will now be able to fly direct from a number of German cities into London Heathrow, a critical hub for business travel around the world.

The codeshare will also apply to domestic travel within each carrier's home market, opening up a host of transfer possibilities.

airberlin is the second largest carrier in Germany, operating from its main hubs of Berlin, Dusseldorf and Palma. They operate a single class service within Europe and offer business class on their longhaul services.

Flight details

British Airways will place its code on the following airberlin direct services:

London Gatwick (LGW)-Nuremburg (NUE), Hanover (HAJ) and the return services
London Stansted (STN)-Paderborn/Lippstadt (PAD), Muenster/Osnabrueck (FMO) and the return services

British Airways customers will also be able to connect to and from British Airways flights onto the following airberlin flights bearing the BA code:

Dusseldorf (DUS)-Dresden (DRS), Nuremburg (NUE)
Hamburg (HAM)-Cologne/Bonn (CGN), Nuremburg (NUE)
Munich (MUC)-Cologne/Bonn (CGN), Muenster/Osnabrueck (FMO), Hanover (HAJ), Brindisi (BDS), Palermo (PMO), Lamezia Terme (SUF)
Stuttgart (STR)-Hanover (HAJ)
Salzburg (SZG)-Dusselldorf (DUS)
Berlin (TXL)-Cologne/Bonn (CGN), Muenster/Osnabrueck (FMO), Nuremburg (NUE), Gothenburg (GOT)
Vienna (VIE)-Muenster/Osnabrueck (FMO), Hanover (HAJ), Nuremburg (NUE)
Zurich (ZRH)-Hanover (HAJ)

Codeshare on British Airways

AB codes will be placed on the following BA direct routes:

LHR-TXL, FRA, HAM, MUC, STR, VIE, ZRH, BSL, ORY
LGW-SZG
LCY-FRA , ZRH, EDI, GLA

And on the following BA operated services when connecting from either an AB or an AB codeshare flight:

LHR-ABZ ,EDI, GLA ,MAN, NCL
LGW-JER, EDI, GLA, MAN
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.