Wiki Posts
Search

Award on Iberia using BA Avios

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Award on Iberia using BA Avios

Tried searching and found a few threads but no solution yet.

I am trying to get an award ticket from FRA-MAD for this weekend using BA avios. I tried looking up the dated when BA doesnt fly or sold out and found the dates for the next weekend. However when I try to search for partners, I don't get a calendar. Instead I either get the award availability for that date or if no award available I get the option to search 7 days earlier. Selecting 7 days earlier shows me the BA flights.

Any other workaround I should try? If nothing else, I will try to open up an avios.com account and try transferring through there as mentioned in other threads
Old May 10, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by fandu
Tried searching and found a few threads but no solution yet.

I am trying to get an award ticket from FRA-MAD for this weekend using BA avios. I tried looking up the dated when BA doesnt fly or sold out and found the dates for the next weekend. However when I try to search for partners, I don't get a calendar. Instead I either get the award availability for that date or if no award available I get the option to search 7 days earlier. Selecting 7 days earlier shows me the BA flights.

Any other workaround I should try? If nothing else, I will try to open up an avios.com account and try transferring through there as mentioned in other threads
Not sure exactly what you are trying to do? Are you looking for flights on specific dates? In which case what you described, (clicking on search for partners), should show availability or not.
However BA.com can be a bit buggy. I suggest trying awardsnexus to search for your awards. Failing that try calling BA.
Old May 10, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: MUCCI
Not clear if you are just trying to find award seats or book them?

If you are trying to find them, use another tool such as AwardNexus.

If you are trying to book IB flights (having confirmed award availability, but ba.com has BA routings via london avilable for the day you will need to phone BA to make the redemption booking.

[Written in haste.]
Old May 10, 2012, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Not sure exactly what you are trying to do? Are you looking for flights on specific dates? In which case what you described, (clicking on search for partners), should show availability or not.
However BA.com can be a bit buggy. I suggest trying awardsnexus to search for your awards. Failing that try calling BA.
I am looking for flights for specific dates. Partner search only comes up when I change the dates by a week. Another thread mentioned to try this. To search on partners, use dates when BA has no availability and then partner search will show the calendar and I can select the dates I want. However, the partner calendar doesn't show up.

Originally Posted by David-A
Not clear if you are just trying to find award seats or book them?

If you are trying to find them, use another tool such as AwardNexus.

If you are trying to book IB flights (having confirmed award availability, but ba.com has BA routings via london avilable for the day you will need to phone BA to make the redemption booking.

[Written in haste.]
I might be doing something wrong. Iberia doesn't come up in awardnexus since BA has flights availability.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:25 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 4:01 pm
Old May 10, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angatol
Not necessarily. You need to search on BA for the route, and keep pressing "next 7 days" until you find that it has skipped a day (or more). When it's done that, you start the search again specifying a day it skipped and you'll be offered the partners. Then you can search backward for the day that you actually wanted. However, it might be difficult finding a day with no availability on BA for FRA-MAD.

However, I do have a script to do this and can see, for example, in J, there's no availability on May 20, then I do a reverse search from May 20 and get:

FRA (May-12 19:10) - MAD (May-12 21:50) IB3503-J(4) [02:40]
FRA (May-12 19:30) - MAD (May-12 22:20) LA0705-J(8) [02:50]
FRA (May-11 07:20) - MAD (May-11 10:20) IB3513-J(2) [03:00]
FRA (May-11 19:30) - MAD (May-11 22:20) LA0705-J(9) [02:50]
I did the exact same thing you mentioned. But while going back from May 20, it started showing BA flights again. I did try 4 times. Oh well back to the BA website.
Thanks for looking it up.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:45 am

Old May 10, 2012, 8:57 am
Original Poster

I was also looking for economy seat and didn't find any. But then I don't mind flying in business for 3 hrs.
Thanks for your help angatol
Old May 10, 2012, 9:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.