Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLY/LAS £1k cheaper than LHR/LAS?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:53 am

oops, its me again

I could not find out how to post on the correct forum, and thread for my question above

JK
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by britbronco22
As Oscietra mentioned, this isn't true, it has been discussed recently.
That may be true but there is no need for him to always be so obvious in his undying respect and appreciation for me. Especially if I am only trying to help and not trying to be the smartest kid on the block...

To MFU a fare your journey must be ticketed in your membership country.
If you call your BAEC call centre they will allow you to MFU but it will be priced in GBP after a conversion from EUR at BA's exchange rate of choosing.
Good to know. I was told differently by my call centre once but I did not follow the cardinal rule to call back because I did not like the answer. Although maybe it was because I booked online and changed the country to UK to take advantage of a sales fare. So, if I book online I am good as long as I am logged in in my NL country site?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Good to know. I was told differently by my call centre once but I did not follow the cardinal rule to call back because I did not like the answer. Although maybe it was because I booked online and changed the country to UK to take advantage of a sales fare. So, if I book online I am good as long as I am logged in in my NL country site?
Yes it does appear the website can handle this. I've just tried a dummy booking for LHR - JFK, with an MFU on the outbound. It seems to work fine, the price is quoted in CZK so I believe it would be ticketed in Czech Republic as I explained above.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes it does appear the website can handle this. I've just tried a dummy booking for LHR - JFK, with an MFU on the outbound. It seems to work fine, the price is quoted in CZK so I believe it would be ticketed in Czech Republic as I explained above.
Ok, thanks. I hardly have to book from elsewhere since I live in (one of the) the cheapest BA country but I did it once - including changing my country in the top right hand corner- to get a UK sale price and that backfired.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:57 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jkaarstt
I am new again. Have not traveled overseas in 10 yrs. Planning a trip to Italy mid august and have been checking my options. Too many and the price is still high??? $1300 rt us-Italy.

I would like long layover in either Munich, Paris, Frankfurt on outbound. I will have a new puppy in cabin with me inbound from Italy. Am looking at flying into BLQ.

My question since there are so many options, which would be best and lowest fare.

And I have checked with seat guru on seating on the various planes for the atlantic crossing. I am into comfort (if even possible in economy), 32 seat pitch 18-19 seat with, Ha Ha

any help would be appreciated.

By the way, mm Continental milage bank is very low.

JK
I'm not sure whether the puppy will be allowed in the cabin with you. I would think that the puppy will need to be kept in a heated area of the hold
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I would expect a flight from Orlando Executive Airport to Las Vegas to be at least some bit cheaper than Heathrow, given the lack of Atlantic crossing
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by oscietra
As long as you purchase the ticket on the phone from your local, registered BAEC callcentre the starting point is irrelevant.
Why does anyone need to bother with a call centre? Just book it on BA.COM.

B
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Brian_1
Why does anyone need to bother with a call centre? Just book it on BA.COM.

B
open-jaw MFU's need to be booked by call centre
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:31 am

Ok, thanks. I hardly have to book from elsewhere since I live in (one of the) the cheapest BA country but I did it once - including changing my country in the top right hand corner- to get a UK sale price and that backfired.
How did it backfire?
I think changing the country in the top right hand corner just changes the offers that are displayed. You can still get access to the UK sale price, provided your flight is originating from the UK, even if your country selected is NL. You just won't see the banner advert.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How did it backfire?
In that I tried to MFU it later but the BAEC centre said I could not because the PNR did not originate in my member country. Apparently they were wrong. It was about 2y ago if that makes a difference.

At the time I thought nothing of it and received a (free) courtesy upgrade later so I did not pursue it.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Gledholt
I am sure FT people will groan at the question which has probably been done to death, but please be patient!

I have a lads trip to Vegas next year to celebrate my retirement (^) and I have looked in vain for MFU to CW, even 11 months in advance (I have to fly separately from them for TPs and miles purposes)

Looking at the Openskies thread, I thought I would see what prices were like from Paris.

I can fly CW in May 2012 from Orly via Heathrow for £2,442 approx and CW from Heathrow for £3,411.

This just seems stupid - would I have to fly the final leg to Orly on the way back?

Or I may be missing something obvious

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

From Milan May next year it comes to

-> 2376€ in CW = roughly 2050£

Now thats cheaper

If you have shareholder discount comes in at 2175€, well under 2K£

Last time I went got it slightly cheaper and I think that if you wait you will find a better deal ex Italy

Note : CW fares from Italy are usually the cheapest ex EUR (cheaper even than AMS and CDG)

If you want to PM please feel free - flown the route ex Italy a couple of times, both LAS and LAX^

Normally used MFU to upgrade -> F
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by stifle
I would expect a flight from Orlando Executive Airport to Las Vegas to be at least some bit cheaper than Heathrow, given the lack of Atlantic crossing
Jokes aside MCO -> LAS is a bargain in F on AA

Go on the website and see and you get 480 Tier Points return!!!

Should come out RETURN under 1000$... Not bad eh??
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:10 pm

In that I tried to MFU it later but the BAEC centre said I could not because the PNR did not originate in my member country. Apparently they were wrong. It was about 2y ago if that makes a difference.

At the time I thought nothing of it and received a (free) courtesy upgrade later so I did not pursue it.
Was the booking ex-UK? If so they were correct, the fare would have been ticketed in the UK unless you MFU'd at the time of purchase, in which case the fare would be ticketed in your membership country.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was the booking ex-UK?
Ex-HKG now I think about it, so that probably made it even more difficult. Anyway, lesson learnt and with the help of the good people here it won't happen to me again. I wanted to upgrade after the booking was made online.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by oscietra
Not true.

Honestly, it's best to stay quiet if you don't know what you're talking about.

Very helpful !

and people wonder why some people leave this forum, never to return

is there really any need of this ?

I have to say that this sort of thing is rude and makes me mad. I tend to get spoken to better by the pi##ed up muppets on a Friday night at the same time as they are taking a swing at me

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.