Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Count down to taking F for the first time. ;)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond

Sixth Freedom 16 days, your excitement is really contagious.

Potakas sorry can't join you, but next time. 13 days.

BlackberryAddict hope you enjoy yours as well.

Inff 10 days and happy with which ever.

May you all not be disappointed and keep repeating the experience.

Just remember how to spot the NF.

Last edited by Yahillwe; Jun 11, 2011 at 9:32 am
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Thank you Yahillwe. I'm sure we will. I've got 1a booked, and we'll see whether mrs BBA can get 1k at check in. The 'little' ones are in 2A and 2K.

I have been keeping an eye on the ftdashboard where it shows how many flights are NF - for the route we're on it's tracking at about 70%. But even if it is old First, I'm sure we'll still enjoy it. And it is a great way to get to a wonderful continent to see the sights, enjoy the culture and catch up with the family.

But first to Paris next week - a small trade exhibition to attend at Le Bourget.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Sadly no NF or OF to Paris, but then it is a very short flight.

Have fun in Paris. One of my favorite cities. Ok I have lots, but still.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Yahillwe

BlackberryAddict hope you enjoy yours as well.

May you all not be disappointed and keep repeating the experience.

Just remember how to spot the NF.

Just 10 days for me. V happy with NF or OF - which is lucky as it's a low chance of NF on BA9 it seems.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Blue
30 days for me. LHR-DFW and then SFO-LHR 2 weeks later.

I'd quite like to get OF and NF so that i can decide which i prefer. FT Dashboard stats look like slim chance of NF on either flight though. Never mind. I'm just trying to forget about my holiday until a few days before or it'll take forever to get through this month!

Never thought i'd be able to travel in BA F at only 27 years old with a fairly average salary. Thank God i discovered the BA Amex and this forum!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: BA
Just off my first F return this morning. OF both ways to YYZ, but a fabulous experience!
TR to follow!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Enjoy all. My first F was supposed to be LHR-JFK, but 10 days prior I was op-up'd to Old F SIN-SYD. ^ LHR-JFK turned out to be New F, and both experiences were fantastic (the mattress and bed linen made things so much more comfortable!)
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
I'll join in. My first F is on Monday week, LHR-JNB. Got 1A/2A, and will be checking for 1K as the time gets closer. The return trip will be my first time upstairs in CW as well. I am usually in WT to PVG/HKG, occasionally WT+, so both directions will be a treat.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Yahillwe

Saw that you canceled it on MMB, at least no one else reserved the 1A and it is still free.

Sixth Freedom was also too close to be on board on our return flight

I will enjoy it but if you was on board that would make it once in a lifetime experience We would had so much fun all together

Last edited by potakas; Jun 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Old Jun 11, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
I have just done a run of F flights and have had old F (747) and new F (777 and 747) and honestly, although the cabin looks much better, I didn't really feel any different. The crews were all really good (some thanks posted), and the food all really awful (also some comments posted on ba.com - this aspect lets them down so much unfortunately).

The seats in old F actually looked like they might have had a bit of a wash, as very clean and tidy looking. I slept really well in OF and not so well in NF - but I have to say there were seriously confounding factors here.

I would say avoid the crab tiane (or something) and the trio of beef - quite vile (unless you like fish paste and biltong). Champagne was good (Tat vintage) and the Margaux is also quite good but avoid the current white burgundy.

Enjoy the experience though, it is still special. I was chuffed with the seat and the CCR food was good (afternoon tea). Despite the glitches it really is a very relaxing way to travel.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Good morning

12 days for me
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hon, am in NY, and just now the hr changed, but cutie you can do the countdown, but do all of us a favor, make the clock stop for each and all of you, so that you can maximize and enjoy the experience...
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by potakas
Good morning

12 days for me
Crikey, you get up early.
10, 9 ...
Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
6 days for me, looks like old F though, the NF percentage is terrible to BKK of late. This is all assuming that the Chilean ash cloud doesn't make it's way to Sydney.....
Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by matthandy
6 days for me, looks like old F though, the NF percentage is terrible to BKK of late. This is all assuming that the Chilean ash cloud doesn't make it's way to Sydney.....
Doesn't the prevailing winds from Chile go from West to East? HIDDY mentioned about this in previous threads re the cloud affecting EZE so hopefully you should be OK ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.