Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Count down to taking F for the first time. ;)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Count down to taking F for the first time. ;)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
OT: whats that website where you can look up your trip?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by mdj1
OT: whats that website where you can look up your trip?
mdj1, I used it last month and I'm pretty sure its checkmytrip.com and just put in your BA reference number.

Last edited by PETER01; Jul 23, 2011 at 7:25 am Reason: spelling
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:07 am

Scary, where an I find what aircraft registration has been assigned to the flight?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Scary, where an I find what aircraft registration has been assigned to the flight?
You can't.

Some people at BA can but until it turns up it may change.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Just arrived in GRU. Great flight, NF and we had 1AK and 2AK. The front of the plane just felt like our own little cabin. Master and miss BBA were very happy and Mrs BBA and me had dinner together. That's such a nice thing to be able to do. Even the Captain came by for a little chat.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:06 am

LIKE!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:52 pm

Just a quick update.

Change of plane at the last minute saw us in old first. The crew were fantastic and the attention to detail and level of service were very good! (no hats!) The tiredness of the cabin showed though and I thought the style and decor was very 80's.

One of the lights above my seat kept coming on on it's own and I had to hold the headphone jack in the socket for a whole two hours whilst watching "unknown" otherwise you couldn't hear anything.

I spoke to the gentleman who was in 1A who said he was on the royal flight a couple of weeks ago. He said that he would NEVER pay for BA first, only ever use it when spending miles, he said when given the option he would rather pay for Cathay First than use BA.

I must admit, I would find it very hard to pay for First on BA, infact i'm struggling to justify the 50,000 more miles. Although the presentation of the food was better than in club, I actually thought that the food I got on my last few club flights was better than the food in F and the seat isn't that much different.

Let's hope we get new first on our return leg so we can really weigh it up.

Off to email BA customer services now about the seat problems.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Just finished two return trips with the GF in F this month (July 2011), one LHR-JFK-LHR and the other LHR-YVR-LHR all on 744s. It was her first time in F, and I don't think she'll be interested in turning right anymore. Three segments were NF, one (YVR-LHR) was OF.

We travelled in 1A/1K on all segments except JFK-LHR where we had 4E/4F.

I noticed that on both the YVR segments at T-72 and on OLCI showed up _without_ either a wardrobe or cot position (outbound turned out to be NF, the return OF).

The earlier JFK segments (both NF) both showed no wardrobe but with a bassinet position at T-72 and OLCI.

So, I am not sure if the test of whether it'll be NF or OF works anymore from the seat layout after T-72 or at OLCI.

From a practical perspective, personally I am not sure of the benefits of NF over OF. The most useful things about NF are the personal closets and the larger IFE screen (especially the split screen moving map/movie at the same time). The closet doors at 4E/4F bang very noisily every time it is opened as there is nothing to stop them swinging out uncontrollably. No such problem in 1A/1K.

The front wardrobe doors invariably didn't shut properly, sometimes hanging off their hinges, in both NF and OF.

In OF you get a cushion and a pillow, in NF just a pillow.

I found the OF seat slightly more comfortable than the NF seat for sleeping: I felt I was in danger of falling over the side of the slightly raised NF 4E/4F seat in particular. Certainly I felt much more exposed in 4E/4F compared to 1A/1K. The slightly raised nature of the seat platform is initially a little disconcerting in NF especially when the cabin's dark and you're finding your way about.

Certainly the cosmetic state of OF was pretty bad, with scuff marks everywhere, and the walnut/suede look seems ever so dated, although the seat itself was clean.

For power, there is an AC supply in NF, much more convenient than the old Empower thing in OF.

There seems to be a much clearer message in NF to completely clear the seat area at take off and landing except for reading material.

I personally find the window blinds in NF to be a bit of a folly really. It means you lose a window to look out of, as well as a fair bit of shelf space. Plus it significantly reduces the angle that you can look - form the K side, I never tire of looking down on London as you follow the Thames.

In NF they've removed the gooseneck lights, much to the delight of my OH who for some reason objects to me playing shadow puppets on the wardrobe door.

Have to say, 1A and 1K are definitely my favourite spots as a couple, and 2A/2K remain my favourites when flying alone, OF or NF.

I had pretty good crews on all segments, none were MF. Interestingly in the YVR-LHR segment there must have been a fair few op-ups as the F cabin was showing only 50% full at OLCI, but was full on departure. The tiny F lounge at YVR had the same seven people who I expected in the F cabin from the layout at OLCI, but the J lounge was positively bursting at the seems. And you can generally tell by the look on peoples faces onboard that they've been op-up'd!

Howard
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by hbr245b
My first FIRST is next weekend LHR to JFK - wardrobe showing on the seat map so that means old FIRST?

Thought JFK flights were almost guaranteed new FIRST?
Wardrobe has now disappeared and I've got 1K!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:23 am

First FIRST checklist & questions

Less than 2 weeks until our First FIRST
With the planning of the actual vacation following it (West USA roadtrip), and having to work harder than ever now to compensate for 3 weeks off, I thought I would ask the few silly questions I have now:

This is our checklist.

1) Land into LHR from GLA at 8am -make our way to the CCR. Should we use the secret door to save a few mins of go for the granduer of the main entrance??

2) Guesting... during our long walk from T5 N. to S. -I thought should we see a group or family of 4, we might extend the benefit of guesting them into this lounge. Might be a great start to their trip and I feel we should share the good fortune. What do you think??

3) CCR only or CCR & GF. Never been to GF either, should we venture down here? Or is everything we need in the CCR?

4) Do you think from say 10.30am+ the CCR would happy to make us some items off the breakfast menu, i.e the lunch menu. We will have been up real early and I personally am more of a lunch person.

5) We are on the 12noon to LAX(283). What is the absolute latest time we should think about leaving the lounge? We would rather have more plane time than Lounge time, I am guessing we are flying out of T5B. In the past I always get to the gate early as a spinter, but coming from the CCR there is no rush.

6) Any idea what the onboard food & drink offering is this month on this route? Not important but worth knowing...

Thats all I can think of for now...

Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:48 pm

Pazza I wouldn't guest strangers, your responsible for them!

We left from C on the 25th on the 283. There is no lounge at the C gates and hey failed to make any announcement or update the screens to say that the flight was delayed in boarding so we had to stand around for 20 minutes when we got there. So make sure if your departing from the c gates you get the lounge attendant to phone the gate and ensur the flight is bording!
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:04 am

Pazza I wouldn't guest strangers, your responsible for them!

We left from C on the 25th on the 283. There is no lounge at the C gates and hey failed to make any announcement or update the screens to say that the flight was delayed in boarding so we had to stand around for 20 minutes when we got there. So make sure if your departing from the c gates you get the lounge attendant to phone the gate and ensur the flight is bording!
Perhaps your right, Ill try reach out to any FT members wishing to be guested that day instead. Nice idea, but I understand the issues.

Ill keep an eye on C gates, standing around at the boarding gate is not what I hope to do for a single minute.

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Pazza, have fun and keep me posted.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:11 pm

Just managed to book 1a and 1k for our return on Wednesday evening from Vegas.

I was surprised it let me actually as it was t-75 hours and when I tried to change the seats on the outbound it wouldn't let me do it online.

It looked like no other seats where selected in the first three rows but you can scroll the screen on the iPad to see the others.

Can anyone tell me the loading for 274 on Wednesday 10th?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Can anyone tell me the loading for 274 on Wednesday 10th?

F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 R3 I1 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 G9

1A,K and 4E,F reserved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.