Wiki Posts
Search

BA Price promise, a bit limited?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
BA Price promise, a bit limited?

We have all seen the "BA Price promise" when we book tickets. When reading the T&C you can clearly see that it's only applicable when buying a ticket on a UK web site in GBP.

So, look at this example:

You see the BA Price promise logo?

And

We promise that if you find the same British Airways flight (operated by British Airways) cheaper on another UK website, once you have made your booking at ba.com, we will refund you the difference.

But when you read the T&C, you find some interesting details:

A Qualifying Flight means a return flight provided by BA, which originates and terminates in the UK.
The Flights must be cheaper than the flight purchased through ba.com and must be for the same route, with each leg of the trip flown in the same order, for the same dates, for the same flight numbers, in the same class of travel, for the same type of ticket (including fare conditions such as whether tickets are/are not flexible, refundable or changeable) and be sold in the UK over the internet in GBP currency.
Claims can only be accepted through the online form. No telephone PPR claims will be accepted. Incomplete PPR forms will be ineligible. Forms must be received by ba.com no later than midnight GMT on the same day you purchased your flight(s).
Price Promise does not apply where:
a. the Lower Online Fare is offered under any promotion with a third party (including, but not limited to, promotions with newspapers, exhibitions or other special events);

h. The fare is not a return fare
This makes me wonder if anyone has successfully used this "promise", it's certainly not applicable to my example booking. It's a one-way ticket purchased in USD.

So why is the logo there? Somewhat fake promise in the above example.
Old May 12, 2011, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Air fares are a minefield for such deals due to the numerous fare buckets they book into. I don't like to see BA participate in this sort of thing to be honest. I don't think it's necessary and just causes confusion and unhappy customers more than anything else.
Old May 12, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
The only price promise that I have seen to work is the one from Marriott, they will give you a 25% lower price from the cheapest you found/claimed. When I learned that I always stay at Marriott almost for the half of the prices.

It is really amusing when you go to the check in desk and they see such a cheap rates, though you hardly get upgrades
Old May 12, 2011, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by potakas
The only price promise that I have seen to work is the one from Marriott,
Yes I claimed after booking the SYD Marriott then finding it substantially cheaper on one of the hotel sites. No problem at all getting the price match plus the further 25% off. ^
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Does anyone know if the price promise has been zapped from the UK website?

I've used this successfully in the past and now have an option between £218pp with opodo or £238 with BA.com (the difference is that opodo is selling two one-ways, but that particular restriction doesn't seem to be in the T&Cs anymore and my last claim for this reason was successful). However it appears to no longer be linked to during the buying process?

(I'd rather use BA as I'd like to take advantage of a proactive upgrade if one is reasonably priced)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.