Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-DUB TP's or no TP's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by T8191
ba.com won't accept JER-LGW + LGW-DUB as a Multi-City.
It will book me through to EDI, so perhaps we'll go there instead!

So that would be 40 TPs for £216 ... is that reasonable?
seems as if ba.com is doing the normal and getting confused about the location of Jersey, it operates using a ET & CE cabin and is not considered a domestic by BA, however it seems as if ba.com only refuses to sell DUB/ORK/SNN to Jersey & domestics.

you can hapily book AMS etc connecting from Ireland at either LHR or LGW along with all other european and worldwide destinations !

perhaps this should be one for ba.comhelper ? as it seems that ba can sell thru tickets on other routes operated direct by EI

cs
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
During sales if you set the country on ba.com to Ireland,you only get offered club world destinations.

No European.
I took it that was a decision not to compete with aer lingus which I thought strange.
However looking at it another way,doing normal ex dub club fares on ba.com,theres a huge premium for the extra ei section compared to stand alone ex GB fares so perhaps they are contracted at a certain price and fare type on Ei which would make club Europe sale prices look unattractive or any ex dub club europe fare for that matter.
I don't know.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Getting miles is possible when booking elsewhere, but difficult to predict as its fare class dependent and EI do a good job of hiding the fare class you are booking into on their website.
It's easy when you know how. On the page where you have to tick the box to say you agree with the terms and conditions, click on "terms and conditions" (which is a hyperlink) and you get a pop-up, at the bottom of which you will find the fare basis. As ever, the first letter is the booking class.

All of this is quite immaterial if you are looking for tier points; as mentioned in several posts above they are only issued if you book as a BA flight number which in turn can only be done if it is part of a through booking with a BA connection. You will still get the TPs despite not being on BA metal, which is quite unusual.

I don't know why the system won't put through a JER-DUB (via LGW presumably) routing. I thought it might be because BA didn't codeshare on the EI LGW-DUB flights, or that there was no connection due to the flight times, but neither of those bears out.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
JER-DUB will probably give the direct EI flight

Testing ... Testing ... Ahh, the wrong day, clearly!!

Testing ... testing ... £150 direct with EI, or £521 via LGW [BA and then EI].

Sorry, DUB, it looks like EDI wins at £216
Ah yeah but the £521 will get you 60tp's each way or 120 tp's return as you will get 20 tp's each way for the ei legs if you book them on ba.com as part of a club europe fare...[but you cant? then try the phone]
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
There we are, it's the classic joke. "Ahhh, if you're lost you shouldn't have started from here."

As cornishsimon said, if BA could work out ... we are in JER, life would be a lot easier. However, I've banged on about that on numerous threads.

@ Earthman ... I'm not paying £521 under any circumstances. I can almost get a WT+ TATL for that [with MFU to Club], and I can get a direct flight for £150 [and borrocks to BA and TPs]

My bottom line is that we fancy a City break, later this year, which could rack up a decent few TPs. We fancied DUB, as we'd never been. However, there are just [apparently] too many hoops and uncertainties to make it worth the hassle.

If BAEC would say "Yes, you'll get these TPs and Miles" and then deliver them, it would be a different story. As BAEC can't even do that with our regular JER-UK-IAD on BA metal, which suggests on ba.com the Miles and TPs that we never actually seem to get, I might be persuaded to take a punt.

However, if it's this much pi§§ing around, I'm too old and honestly can't be bothered. Which, if any of our good BA people here are reading, is a collection of issues to be addressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.