FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LHR-DUB TP's or no TP's (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1201712-lhr-dub-tps-no-tps.html)

stimpy Apr 4, 2011 12:51 am

LHR-DUB TP's or no TP's

I flew LHR-DUB a while back booked with BA but of course on EI metal. I got both TP's and miles. This time I flew the same route, but booked on the EI website and while the flight shows up in my BAEC account, it's zero TP's and zero miles. Is that correct?

I later flew DUB-LYS on EI and got no TP's, but 184 miles.

ardboe Apr 4, 2011 1:04 am

I think its all down to the fare code booked with EI.

cornishsimon Apr 4, 2011 1:14 am

TP's only if booked under BA flight code.

Miles depend on the EI fare code

cs

T8191 Apr 4, 2011 2:32 am

I know this is a daft question, but how do you book from LON to DUB through BA? Clearly not on ba.com, as it [correctly] denies that BA flies there.

The reason I ask is that we were thinking of visiting Dublin, but want to earn TPs and/or Miles wherever we go.

origin Apr 4, 2011 2:41 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 16155558)
I know this is a daft question, but how do you book from LON to DUB through BA? Clearly not on ba.com, as it [correctly] denies that BA flies there.

The reason I ask is that we were thinking of visiting Dublin, but want to earn TPs and/or Miles wherever we go.

You can fly from jersey to Dublin on Aer Lingus.

When booking tickets there is a section to put on BA EC Number on Page 4 of the Booking form. With Pax details etc..

Kgmm77 Apr 4, 2011 2:46 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 16155558)

You can't book through BA from LON to DUB. It can only be booked as a codeshare as part of a connection to a BA metal flight.

Getting miles is possible when booking elsewhere, but difficult to predict as its fare class dependent and EI do a good job of hiding the fare class you are booking into on their website.

T8191 Apr 4, 2011 2:54 am

Thanks ... I guessed it was all a bit mysterious!!

So ... having found the JER-DUB on the EI website, it seems I get 'some' miles but no indication of earning TPs. It's the TPs I/we really need, but I guess not being on BA metal knocks that idea on the head.

origin Apr 4, 2011 3:01 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 16155606)
Thanks ... I guessed it was all a bit mysterious!!

So ... having found the JER-DUB on the EI website, it seems I get 'some' miles but no indication of earning TPs. It's the TPs I/we really need, but I guess not being on BA metal knocks that idea on the head.

Fly to london. Then fly to Dublin.

I was thinking I was being presumptuous, everyone would go the extra route to get TP points. Also some would do a flight just to get TP points.

LGW to Dub is £19 on certain days. So the TP from the flight to LGW then miles to Dub.

T8191 Apr 4, 2011 3:11 am

Originally Posted by origin (Post 16155635)
Fly to london. Then fly to Dublin.

I was thinking I was being presumptuous, everyone would go the extra route to get TP points. Also some would do a flight just to get TP points.

LGW to Dub is £19 on certain days. So the TP from the flight to LGW then miles to Dub.

Many thanks ... that's what I was thinking as well ... JER-LGW on BA [miles + TP], LGW-DUB on IE [just miles].

We hit silver at the end of this month, but keeping that is going to be a bit of a challenge [hence the TP need]. Just doing TP Runs to LGW is tedious, albeit fairly quick, and the OH would like an extra break somewhere. I'll have to do some calculations ;)

stimpy Apr 4, 2011 3:11 am

When I booked LYS-LHR-DUB on ba.com it worked fine. Got the miles and TP's for both legs. Same for flights to BFS.

T8191 Apr 4, 2011 3:27 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 16155657)
When I booked LYS-LHR-DUB on ba.com it worked fine. Got the miles and TP's for both legs. Same for flights to BFS.

ba.com won't accept JER-LGW + LGW-DUB as a Multi-City.
It will book me through to EDI, so perhaps we'll go there instead! :D

So that would be 40 TPs for £216 ... is that reasonable?

Earthman Apr 4, 2011 3:40 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 16155696)
ba.com won't accept JER-LGW + LGW-DUB as a Multi-City.
It will book me through to EDI, so perhaps we'll go there instead! :D

So that would be 40 TPs for £216 ... is that reasonable?

What happens if you punch in jer-dub on ebookers or something like that ? Or can you book it via the call centre foregoing the 15 quid charge as it's impossible on the web?

T8191 Apr 4, 2011 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Earthman (Post 16155721)
What happens if you punch in jer-dub on ebookers or something like that ? Or can you book it via the call centre foregoing the 15 quid charge as it's impossible on the web?

JER-DUB will probably give the direct EI flight ;)

Testing ... Testing ...

Sorry. ebookers does not support flights for the location that you have selected. Please choose another location.
:D :D Ahh, the wrong day, clearly!!

Testing ... testing ... £150 direct with EI, or £521 :eek: via LGW [BA and then EI].

Sorry, DUB, it looks like EDI wins at £216 ;)

origin Apr 4, 2011 5:49 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 16155735)
Sorry, DUB, it looks like EDI wins at £216 ;)

Presumably you will spend a day or two there.

T8191 Apr 4, 2011 6:12 am

Originally Posted by origin (Post 16156024)
Presumably you will spend a day or two there.

Oh, yes indeed ... the intention is to go somewhere for a few days for a mini-break, whilst at the same time rattling some TPs. We're neither time- nor cash-constrained, but looking to have a more pleasant way of getting some TPs [requirement calculation yet to be done] than just shuttling to LGW ;)

I think we now know where we're going; we'll sort out the when, and accommodation in slow time.

Apologies to all for diverting the DUB thread ...