Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA56 RTO (rejected take off) 30/03/11...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:15 am

I've just been directed to this thread from my thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-take-off.html

If you read my thread you will see that I also suffered a RTO on BA56 from JHB, also with engine troubles. I have a photo of our plane, taken as we were leaving it, but I cannot see any registration number - I can't help wondering if it's the same one Linenbasket was on? Apparantly it was no. 3 engine that failed (first, it wouldn't start up, then later it caused enough concern for the pilot to reject take off). BA flew an empty plane out from London for us (flight aborted on 31st Dec - happy new year - and we finally flew on 2 Jan), so the problem was serious enough for the plane to be grounded for a while.

Is there any way to tell if it was the same plane?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by tusabrat
I can't help wondering if it's the same one Linenbasket was on?
No. The 30 March 2011 incident was, as far as I can tell, to G-BYGE - source: http://www.thebasource.com/batracker.html. See also March 2011 news and April 2011 news.

Your 31 December 2011 aircraft (G-CIVV) actually operated to and from JNB a couple of days earlier in March 2011.

In any case, "same aircraft" tells you nothing as engines could have been changed in the interim.

You might also want to note that using the local ZA abbreviations here can cause confusion. JHB is the three-letter IATA code for an airport very near the Singapore/Malaysia border.

Last edited by Globaliser; Jan 4, 2012 at 11:53 am
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:59 am

Globaliser, thanks for that clarification.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
In any case, "same aircraft" tells you nothing as engines could have been changed in the interim.
So what you're saying is I can't console myself by noting that I'm on a different aircraft as it may contain the dodgy engine! Oh dear
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by tusabrat
So what you're saying is I can't console myself by noting that I'm on a different aircraft as it may contain the dodgy engine! Oh dear

But in all seriousness, what you can console yourself with is the knowledge that all of the engines and the rest of the aircraft are as well looked after by BA as by any other airline in the world (and better than most of them would), and that the aircraft is being operated by a superb team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.