Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Purchasing Miles - Up to 30% extra until 5th May

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchasing Miles - Up to 30% extra until 5th May

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Not all of us are US/UK based. Some Euro-cheats aren't actually cheating...
Can you not uk cheat for Amex...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: BA, SAA and HHonors Pleb
Revisiting this, I really think that purchasing miles is a no brainer. Here's my logic: Now remember that I am after miles at a good price... If I were to book a WT return, LHR - JNB, currently it will cost me ( forgive my calculations here as I convert Rands and Pounds) about 940 Pounds, and I will get 11280 miles as oppose to 435 Pounds returning 31200 miles. Or am I going about this completly wrong?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Seshman
Revisiting this, I really think that purchasing miles is a no brainer. Here's my logic: Now remember that I am after miles at a good price... If I were to book a WT return, LHR - JNB, currently it will cost me ( forgive my calculations here as I convert Rands and Pounds) about 940 Pounds, and I will get 11280 miles as oppose to 435 Pounds returning 31200 miles. Or am I going about this completly wrong?
Your flight to jnb gets you to south Africa?!?!? Your £435 gets only some miles!!!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Kind of daft to fly to JNB at that price just for the miles.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Kind of daft to fly to JNB at that price just for the miles.
Surely he can't mean that
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:02 am

I think I'm going about this the wrong way.... Basically what I'm trying to do is find the cheapest way to fly in the most comfort. So by buying some miles, and adding it to the couple that I have, including the cost of purchasing those miles it will be cheaper, or about the same price, to do a PMPC to WT+ or Club than to buy a Y ticket outright with cash.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think I'm going about this the wrong way.... Basically what I'm trying to do is find the cheapest way to fly in the most comfort. So by buying some miles, and adding it to the couple that I have, including the cost of purchasing those miles it will be cheaper, or about the same price, to do a PMPC to WT+ or Club than to buy a Y ticket outright with cash.
Best way is to walk before you run. If you can suffer flying down the back then do that for a while until you build up a decent miles balance which you can then use to upgrade purchased WT+ tickets to CW. You will of course earn a good amount of miles on your original WT+ ticket which makes the MFU cost even less.

Really depends on how often you have to fly I suppose.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:40 am

Have you considered the Amex platinum? 42,000 miles. £300 for a year. Happy to refer you. This can also be cancelled once miles post giving some of the fee back. My wife got £225 back!

There is also the gold Amex (20,000 for £90) but you can not do gold them plat, just plat then gold! All assuming you are uk based...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:00 am

I think I was trying to get too clever with this situation. I am a real sucker for promo's.... Anyway thanks for your suggestions.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Bump. The offer expires on Thursday and I have bitten the bullet and bought some miles for our HHA.

It will be my Silver Wedding soon so saving those miles for a surprise F trip. I am convincing myself by calling them an investment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.