Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Purchasing Miles - Up to 30% extra until 5th May

Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet (looks like it only started this morning), BA are now giving UP TO 30% extra miles when purchasing them, from now until 5th May.

1k to 7k miles = 5% extra
8k to 15k miles = 10% extra
16k to 23k miles = 20% extra
24k miles (annual limit) = 30% extra for a total of 31,200

Advertised on the website under Executive Club > Exec Club Offers, on the lower right side.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold, Starwood Gold
574 Euros for 31,200 miles............. no way, not worth it for me I am afraid.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Not a bad deal actually. 2,5 MFU for E 570...
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by Oilrig fella
574 Euros for 31,200 miles............. no way, not worth it for me I am afraid.
Depends. If you need a wodge of miles fast for, e.g. (as henky says) MFUs, or to take advantage of a 241..... probably well worthwhile. If you're sitting on a massive mileage balance and don't need them quick - probably not that great value.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Funster
Depends. If you need a wodge of miles fast for, e.g. (as henky says) MFUs, or to take advantage of a 241..... probably well worthwhile. If you're sitting on a massive mileage balance and don't need them quick - probably not that great value.
I bit the bullet and bought a total of 62K for my household account for E 1150,-. That will enable me to do 5 MFU for E 225 each. I see a lot of people raving about $300 PUG offers, so I guess this is about the same but with certainty. ^

Maybe don't need them right now although with 3 award bookings recently made I am down to <50K. I will earn a lot of them this year due to a new work assignment but what the heck.. I will spend them on good things.

Of course, paying by FB Amex I got an additional 2300 FB miles as I assume you will get extra BA miles if you pay by BA AMEX so it is in fact even more miles for the transaction.

Last edited by henkybaby; Mar 8, 2011 at 2:08 am
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:45 am

It can be a "cheap" way of getting two CW-F upgrades when making a 241 reservation if you are on a tight miles budget. It's certainly cheaper than 2x pro-active CW-F upgrades which are typically around 300 each.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Excellent timing, i needed a bit of a top up on my parents and with my new Amex gold card, the 399 spend will push me closer to activating the 20K bonus.

Will the purchase count as a travel spend or am i being too greedy?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by d3vski
Excellent timing, i needed a bit of a top up on my parents and with my new Amex gold card, the 399 spend will push me closer to activating the 20K bonus.

Will the purchase count as a travel spend or am i being too greedy?
It is very likely to count as travel spend, as it will just be tagged ba...
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:10 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jamjaw
It is very likely to count as travel spend, as it will just be tagged ba...
I think this tracks as points.com so probably won't be travel spend.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by andset1191
Hmmm... Maybe! But will it then track as international spend (as i say somepeople with points.com purchases were saying back in september...)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by andset1191
What about with the BA Blue or Prem Plus though? BA spend?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by SteveF
What about with the BA Blue or Prem Plus though? BA spend?
Not IME - it showed as points.com on the BA Amex PP when I purchased miles 18 months or so ago and triple miles didn't apply.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by JamieT
Not IME - it showed as points.com on the BA Amex PP when I purchased miles 18 months or so ago and triple miles didn't apply.
Boo! Oh well 1.5 times is better than nothing I suppose.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: BA S, LH S
Sorry to be naive but I can't seem to find the answer...

In the context of BA's previous miles sales, how does this compare? I seem to remember there was one last summer which was 25% bonus, which makes 30% look like one to snap up. Has it been higher in the last couple of years? Like a 50% bonus? (Not counting the redemption sales)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by reevery
In the context of BA's previous miles sales, how does this compare? I seem to remember there was one last summer which was 25% bonus, which makes 30% look like one to snap up. Has it been higher in the last couple of years? Like a 50% bonus? (Not counting the redemption sales)
I've not seen it at 30% before. At 1.28p per mile it's not too bad but depends on how many miles you've got already and how cash rich you are.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.