Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CE - Larnaca - Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matthudski
Can anyone confirm that if I upgrade and get the middle 3 (2) seats in CE on the 767, that the middle seat is usuable by my child (of 1 year old), and it is not "roped" off in some way?
Unfortunately not. The arm rests of the D and F seats are moved inwards, so the middle E seat is unusable, it's only a small narrow space to put newspapers.

You won't be allowed to sit with an infant in row 27, you'll be best off in row 12 (12AB or 12JK) with the bulkhead in front of you.

CE usually goes to row 9, although it can go further back on busy summer flights.

The flights will be busy - if you do the upgrade, you may want to pay for row 2 (2AB or 2JK) for the same reason.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Unfortunately not. The arm rests of the D and F seats are moved inwards, so the middle E seat is unusable, it's only a small narrow space to put newspapers.
Are you sure. I realise I know nothing and you have the experience, it's just that on the 767 the pictures and videos I've seen suggest that the seat is almost 100% the width

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Briti...-ER/1078615/L/

Sorry if I'm way out, but the pictures look fine. I suspect it might be to do with the aircraft not setup in a CE formation??

Please forgive me if I'm wrong. Maybe you are talking about the space saver seats on the Airbus?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Go in business class. On a flight this long with an infant to a destination this chavvy it will be worth every penny. ^

Originally Posted by potakas
Yes, I wasn't saying it is bad, just that he should not expect anything special (like showers) .
But since the flight is operated using 767 equipment the OP should be able to take a bath on the plane.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Go in business class. On a flight this long with an infant to a destination this chavvy it will be worth every penny. ^
A mates wedding... Not my first choice of destination. Especially not in late June, early July Colour of my face after 30 minutes in the Cyprus sun
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure. I realise I know nothing and you have the experience, it's just that on the 767 the pictures and videos I've seen suggest that the seat is almost 100% the width

Sorry if I'm way out, but the pictures look fine. I suspect it might be to do with the aircraft not setup in a CE formation??
I'm on a 767 in CE confi every week or two.

I certainly don't reccall the squooshed E seat being as wide as it appears in that photo. I know it's not wide enough to put a CE blanket in the plastic packaging without folding it. I'll measure it in the next week or so.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:00 am
Original Poster

I'll measure it in the next week or so.
Well thank you. That is well beyond any service I would get when I pay for it, let alone, free advice on a web forum. Thank you very much, you are very kind.

Cheers

Last edited by matthudski; Feb 28, 2011 at 9:00 am Reason: Poor typing, as usual.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
A mates wedding...
You won't be short of bells ringing by the looks of it - people have been telling me about those bingbonging 767s.

(Don't forget to slap on lots of sunscreen.)
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
You won't be short of bells ringing by the looks of it - people have been telling me about those bingbonging 767s.
Im sure my 1 year old will love all the bing bonging and the flashing call lights. I can just leave her too it for the whole flight. Is that the IFE provided on the SH 767
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:58 am

Im sure my 1 year old will love all the bing bonging and the flashing call lights. I can just leave her too it for the whole flight. Is that the IFE provided on the SH 767
That is about as exciting as the IFE gets... I would definitely upgrade to CE for the LHR-LCA-LHR flights. We payed about £850 in the end to upgrade the 5 of us to CE for our trip to Lake Como for a wedding (JER-LGW LHR-MXP MXP-LHR LGW-JER) and thought that we got a great price! We mainly did it for the TP's and for the flexibility as we have to transfer from LGW-LHR and LHR-LGW.

If we did not book in CE, there was no way in hell that I would be getting Gold this year! Might just scrape it but I do have till January I think and will be on about 760TP's by August. 2 JER-LGW-JER ET runs in October/November will get me the nice shiny card!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass

Please forgive me if I'm wrong. Maybe you are talking about the space saver seats on the Airbus?
This is NOT CE seating on the 767 to LCA! Dont bother getting it measured, the earlier comment that it is good for newspapers is correct - stood on their edge not laid flat!!

The gap is about 6" in the centre (the armrests together is narrower at the front).

I do the flight regularly and know the lumps in the seat fairly intimately. Off again for my day trip in 1D in CE later this week.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well thank you. That is well beyond any service I would get when I pay for it, let alone, free advice on a web forum. Thank you very much, you are very kind.

Cheers
It's about 20cm. My iPad does not fit in the gap lengthways, so if your baby's bum is wider than an iPad, it won't fit.

Ps Bring some flash wipes before you let any little kids touch anything. My seat on G-BZHA was filthy this morning, as was the floor area. Probably not helped by the tray table sloping downwards at such an angle, that anything you put on it fell onto the floor.

The CSD said that nothing is going to be fixed on these planes until they go in for their shake 'n vac later this year.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you like champagne, then do the upgrade. There were bucket loads of champagne being handed out liberally by excellent CSD Gareth and a nice team in CE. And CE went back to row 15 with almost every seat taken, so good for business I guess.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:12 pm

If you like champagne, then do the upgrade. There were bucket loads of champagne being handed out liberally by excellent CSD Gareth and a nice team in CE. And CE went back to row 15 with almost every seat taken, so good for business I guess.
I checked in a flight for my Dad to IST not that long ago and CE was all the way back to row 18! He said that he got the disco lights and the annoying "bing bongs" and he said the aircraft was in a dreadful state! He said the food was good but the seats were in awful condition and were not very clean. He got an A320 back and he said that was a much nicer aircraft!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
Just back from Cyprus last night-- via BA in CE-- a few thoughts

- the lounge is pleasant enough, but it's the same one that virtually all the airlines use for bizclass and is also the Priority Pass lounge, so sounds like you've ticked that box.

- flight was full-full-full, and it's a long one. As much as I enjoy the CE flights my employer pays for, I wouldn't spend my own £££ to sit at the front for a flight to MAD or LIN since it's only two hours fly time... but on the LCA flight, those extra couple of hours make it sorely tempting to buy my freedom. And while £150/head isn't cheap, I'd still be strongly tempted by that.

- I didn't notice any material difference between the seat size flying from LCA and any other CE flight to any other continental destination, though because of the length of the flight the meal was much more relaxed and (as someone else said) there were lashings of liquid if you asked. Most (including self) had a bit of relaxant from the bar trolley, ate dinner, and snoozed the back half of the ride. I'm pretty sure that at the back of the boat, that would not have been an option.

- I'm sure you've been told, it's hot. It was hot yesterday, twentysomething degrees, and summertime will be brain-bustingly hot. I hope your wedding planner has designated outfits appropriate to that
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You were on the plane I came out to LCA on yesterday. I'm surprised there was any booze left, seeing how much was drunk by the CE passengers.

The seat is the same as any CE seat, only much drubbier if you look in the cracks or in the seat pockets. It's the proximity to your neighbour, which is much worse on the 767. While I find the small CE seat ok for a 2 hour flight within Western Europe, I don't find It comfortable or acceptable for a 4-5 hour flight.

I guess if you are looking for a slightly improved product over ET for an extra £150 it is acceptable. But for a comfortable business class offering it is not. Which is why I do many of my LCA trips on CY or RJ/BD via the Mid East, and DME trips on SU these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.