Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long does it usually take for LAN flights to post to your BA account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres

Any experiences with this? Does it usually work pretty flawlessly if the BA account no. is properly registered and shows up on the LAN boarding pass, or does it involve a lot of follow-up? Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by attorney28
Any experiences with this? Does it usually work pretty flawlessly if the BA account no. is properly registered and shows up on the LAN boarding pass, or does it involve a lot of follow-up? Thanks.
I did four intra-South America flights with LAN and they showed up automatically after about three to four days. If they are not there after a week or so, I would phone or claim on-line. But, as I said, I had no problems.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: BMI Gold, KL/AF Gold, IC Ambassador
I flew with LA in March between AKL and SYD in C but still did not get any miles. I wrote several to EC and everytime they told me another reason why they can't credit the miles to my account. After 6 months of writing with them I stopped and forgot about that miles.
If OW doesn't wan't me as a customer, I can also continue flying *Alliance....
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe some fare classes don't earn BA miles on some routes.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: BMI Gold, KL/AF Gold, IC Ambassador
In Business Class?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by farmer83
In Business Class?
My reply was aimed more at the OP as he never stated which fare class he travelled in.
Come to think of it. I can buy resident fares so that might be the only class that doesn't qualify for BA miles.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My reply was aimed more at the OP as he never stated which fare class he travelled in.
Come to think of it. I can buy resident fares so that might be the only class that doesn't qualify for BA miles.
All my flights are in paid business class/premium economy (where there is no business class - by the way - huge difference in comfort, especially if you have a night flight).
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Flew LAN in J a couple of weeks back and all flights showed up within a couple of days without any prompting from me.
Happy New Year
Fritz
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have flown LAN in J from MEX several times in the past 3 years, and have also taken 1 or 2 s/hs. The flights have always posted without any prompting from me.
Off to SCL and then northern Chile/N W Argentina (on LAN of course) in 3 weeks!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
Same experience- showed up in a few days. Seemed to be faster on a Miami-intercontinental leg than for the domestic flights within South America, but that might be just not checking very often while on hols. But never had an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.