Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Waiting for Post-Christmas Promotion [ex USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus (Gold)

I need to book tickets for Jan 29-Feb 11 ex US and anxiously await a post-Christmas miles or 2-for-1 promotion. I got burned by booking 2 days before the Fall 50k miles promotion was announced and the current extension through the end of Jan ends during my R-T, so I can't use it.

Is anybody else here holding out for the next big promotion?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by RunningMan77
I need to book tickets for Jan 29-Feb 11 ex US and anxiously await a post-Christmas miles or 2-for-1 promotion. I got burned by booking 2 days before the Fall 50k miles promotion was announced and the current extension through the end of Jan ends during my R-T, so I can't use it.

Is anybody else here holding out for the next big promotion?
I would not hold my breath. That was very un-BA-like and they did it to improve their load factors I think. IIRC that was the only time BA ever did something like that.

On the other hand: who knows?

Last but not least; redemptions are fully flexible, so you can always cancel the one you book now.

Now that didn't help, did it?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: BA
There is an ex-UK sale at the moment, but nothing yet about an ex-US sale...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.