Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Working around BA Reservation System limitations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 1:18 am
Original Poster

I just found out that hard way that the BA Reservation system is not sophisticated enough to merge two separate bookings, if one was made via a local agent and the other on BA.com. This implies that I (booking done on BA.com) will be sitting separately from my family (wife, 2 year old and a 4 month old) whose booking was made by a Seattle BA agent. This is on our return flight from New Delhi to Seattle as a World Traveller in Feb 2010. I am also willing to pay the $60 ($30 + $30) seat choosing fee, but that does not help. The reason provided by the BA customer representative I talked with on the phone was that since my family is seated next to the bulkhead, the only way I could have got a seat next to them was if had made my booking along with the rest of my family, its too late now!

For the sanity of my wife as well as the other passengers on the flight, its important that I be with them to take care of the toddler and the infant. Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

I have about 110,000 Executive club miles, wondering if I can use that to upgrade all the four seats so that we are together in WT+. Is this possible? Any other ideas?
Old Dec 25, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
No airline can merge two records so it is not a problem specific with BA. That said, a supervisor should be able to override the blocking on bulkhead seating and give it to you if you explain the situation.

If that doesn't work, just wait until check in. If someone is sitting in that seat, I'm sure they would switch with you on board if you ask nicely.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chewy3
No airline can merge two records so it is not a problem specific with BA. That said, a supervisor should be able to override the blocking on bulkhead seating and give it to you if you explain the situation.

If that doesn't work, just wait until check in. If someone is sitting in that seat, I'm sure they would switch with you on board if you ask nicely.
Thanks chewy3. I did chat with a supervisor today and she was unable to help me, even though I was extra nice . But maybe I will give it another try next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.