Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best British Airways experience of 2010?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
My most memorable experience must be our flight from LHR to JFK in WTP. I never felt more welcomed and never been treated nicer even though I did three CW and one F trips this year. But my utmost thanks would go to a customer service representative who managed to get us home under quite difficult and complicated circumstances...
Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:37 pm

SFO - LHR in CW during the second strike period back in March.

Started off with checking MMB in a cafe in the Haight while a friend nipped to the loo and discovered to my delight that the UD was available to purchase. No hesitation in getting the credit card out.

Service during the flight was fabulous, the crew were all on top form. When doing the first drinks round, they burst into a fit of giggles over something.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
LHR - SFO in First back in September.

Myself and other half in 1A/K with 2 or 3 other passengers in the cabin (back in rows 4 and 5 - there was even a small child, but didn't make any noise thankfully). Felt like a private jet and I spent most of the flight in the buddy seat which in 1AK on the 747 seems more comfortable than the other buddy seats - or maybe I'd just had too much champagne.

Purser and the crew were fanstastic and the service was spot on to our requirements (nice and relaxed, and I was told off for having a whisky and not a brandy after the meal), CSD made a couple of visits too.

All in all best flight ever had and very memorable for the right reasons.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:32 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
BKK-LHR with a BASSA First Class FA, who advised me that she did not feel she could work for BA much longer under the New System.

"Dont Worry" I said, there are 3 Million Unemployed in Britain who would be only too pleased to work for half your wage and double your hours..

S I L E N C E !!! and service [Thankfully Very Limited] for the remainder of the flight was by her Colleague from the other Aisle

These Long Haul Prima-Donas need to move into the 21st century.

An average 70 hour working month [Thats actual time dealing with customers] just does cut the ice with me...

Sorry to be Political but as a BA Shareholder I've seen my benefits decimated .
Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Originally Posted by redsox1918
If you like it that much then why not go for Mixed Fleet and take a pay cut.

Now that would be backing BA!!
How very sour.

My only flight with any carrier this year: LGW-JER in CE on an amex 241 with my 6 month old niece, was a joy. Great service in both lounges and the looks we got from the bizniz peeps in J with a baby lasted until she melted their hearts with her winning smile
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:40 pm

Location: Tokyo, Hong Kong & Barcelona (not in order of preference)
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat, LH SEN
A LHR>NRT in F with my other half. Delayed for close to 3 hours on the ground whilst comfortably accommodated in 4&5A, drank close to 2 bottles of champagne and then slept through to an hour before landing.

Worst BA experience of the year? Being desperate to get back to Europe for personal reasons during the Ash Cloud hiccup and BA not caring at all for me or anybody else.

Best other airline experience of the year? Being on the first HKG>LHR flight to operate after the Ash Cloud (NZ in J) and the whole aircraft cheering and clapping as the pilot announced we were good to go.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Best BA experience - realising that my CW LHR - RUH sector, booked by the company, made me eligible for the upgrade to F. This, however, was followed by a very sub-standard flight in F (no food, no AVOD)!!!

Best BA flight - a WTP flight RUH - LHR. Very friendly CC and landed early.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Come to think of it, I did have one exceptional experience this year. My recent LHR-LAX in WT. Great crew, personal welcome, good food, nice people around me all exceeded my (non existent) expectations. Yes, WT was the discovery of 2010.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Best experience was a recent trip to CAI in F
For once, T5 worked perfectly and was through security in seconds, had booked a Cabana in the CCR to take some calls and was able to work whilst consuming shepherd's pie and champagne.

1K on 747, excellent crew, great service and even started chatting to Mr 1A who worked for the commonwealth war graves commission.

To add sparkle, they were holding the Egyptian open at my hotel and I was able to look out of the window and watch Rory McIlroy play golf.

Worst experiences were 4 or 5 LH F or J flights during the strike where all there seemed to be to eat was the same crappy chicken curry. Not a peep, thank you nor anything from BA to make up for a distinct fall off in service. I know the strike wasn't their decision, but they could have reacted better and rewarded loyalty.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by redsox1918
If you like it that much then why not go for Mixed Fleet and take a pay cut.

Now that would be backing BA!!
YAWN......
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AJLondon
My LCY-JFK-LCY flights this year have been much better experiences than "mainline" experiences in J/F from LHR. Not saying that those have been bad, just that they were more average compared to the LCY flights where crew went out of the way to provide a very attentive service.
My best BA flights this year by far have been LCY-JFK-LCY, I have flown this route before but the service catering and attentiveness of the staff on my latest trip was amazing and better than I have had when travelling BA F for quite some time.

My worst experience was being dumped and abandoned in DUS whilst flying F with LH from SFO.

A special commendation goes to the CSD on my BA flight from DUS to LHR, as I escaped the LH shambles at DUS
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:54 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CT-UK
YAWN......
+1

My dad used to sing to me "Tell me the old, old story".

Makes me also thing about the first line of Green Day's "Basket Case". The ansewr is a resounding "na, ddiolch".
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:56 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Christmas trip last year in F to South Africa. One of my few opportunities to use a GUFT.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
For me it was the reasonable attitude towards letting my wife and I keep our Silver cards despite being short of points partly due to all the disruption.

Then there was being given the opportunity to see and give feedback on the new mobile apps in advance of their launch. It is always nice to be asked for an opinion.

We were also very pleased when we got an op up from CW to F on our return from DXB in January.

Although we managed to avoid any disruption due to ash clouds and those silly BASSAs a big thank you to all those who worked so hard to keep things going as good as possible.

Many thanks to Nicci, Dilly, Pucci her magnificance, CIHY, JumboDriver and the other BA people who give us help and interesting insights into the workings of our favourite airline. ^:-:
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Amex BA/platinum, BAec blue.
My wife & myself were travelling LHR/CPT January 2008 in J, when we boarded the CSD introduced himself & told us that we had been upgraded to
first, we were both over the moon, what a suprise!! He then introduced us to the purser in our cabin who turned out to be a fantastic chap, he could not do enough for us after we explained it was our first time in the Fcabin. After
a wonderful dinner and lot's of bubbly, he asked my wife if she would like one
of the other seats made up to flat bed, which she excepted ( there were only two other people in first) I carried on enjoying the first class experience
for a few more hours & then slept, absolutly the most fantastic personal service we have ever had, it was like having your own personal butler. It made a great start to our holiday. Thank you BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.