Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best British Airways experience of 2010?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I wonder what PUCCI will confess to?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: BA
Extra ordinary BA trip for me was a CW flight out to the far east! Outbound during the strike, but normal on the way back! Memorable because a) it was Mrs Malkie's first ever CW flight, and I proposed to her while out there!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA gold
My F-trip LHR-YVR was arguably the best trip, nevermind just for 2010. Fantastic crew, food and cabin. ^

Shame I can't remember half of it and my laptop got a few more sectors in the first row than me!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:15 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Without a shadow of a doubt, it was my crew in first from heathrow to Vancouver. They were simply fantastic and a real credit to BA. well done to them. Great food and a great crew.
Close second for my upper deck crew from heathrow to Sao Paulo.

Too many worsts to mention, this year has had some howlers!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've done a terrible amount of flying this year, most of it up and down the country. My most memorable one of those was the first as Gold -being able to book the front row and using GF at T5.

However, my most memorable flight of the year was probably LHR-DEL in F, with 4 other friends (I will post a trip report when I have time). An amazing flight, which we all thoroughly enjoyed!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Like Stez and andset1191 my best flights of the year were to and from YVR in F. Wonderful CC both ways, excellent food, beautifully and personally presented, and the opportunity for Mrs Fruitcake and I to eat facing each other at the time we chose. Cabana was fun too!

Also thoroughly enjoyed my October half term trip to Anaheim via LAX (Disney, LA and California beaches) where Little Fruitcake and I had great father and son time. And we had 62 J and K both ways. ^

Oh, and a work trip in ET to Prague in February, where I had a good chat with an interesting young man in the next seat connecting from Seattle, off on his own seeing the world.

And I mustn't forget BA1 to JFK. Brilliant.

It's been a good year apart from the ash cloud!!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:09 pm

I've only just started flying with BA again and so far I've done two return trips LHR-JFK on business. I haven't reached status yet so I can't pre-book seats but I've managed to secure 15K on the HI-J Club World on both flights back to LHR... best feeling is tucking myself into 15K on the 22:50 sleeper service and going straight off to sleep.

Way, way better than VS!

I'm looking forward to many more trips with BA in 2011 (and reaching silver status!!)
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Best BA experience? Earning my BA Gold card, and being able to use it to gain access to the excellent Qantas First lounge at SYD prior to my BA flight. ^
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Silver
BA WT LHR- MIA Middle of September

I know your thinking for can a WT be a good experience but this really was.

It was a fairly quite flight and was sitting in the from exit row of the cabin. The CSD was truly the best member of staff i have ever experienced on any airline in my life.

He got myself and my family food from club, allowed us to go to the club kitchen and help our selfs, gave us first amenity packs and to top it off just before landing came and gave us a glass of champagne from the first cabin each.

Beet that for a WT experience!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by janewman94
He got myself and my family food from club, allowed us to go to the club kitchen and help our selfs, gave us first amenity packs and to top it off just before landing came and gave us a glass of champagne from the first cabin each.
Good for you!

Not sure the raiding of club kitchen (and not even from WT+!) will go down well here though. Brave post.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lhr-DXB. Op up to F which has just what I needed after the worst day of my year. It was a delight to coddled by two lovely crew, curl up under the duvet, drink some decent NZ Pinot and feel both at home and a long way from my woes. Arriving at DXB was a real downer but you can't have everything.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by janewman94
Can I enquire why you got to enjoy F and J service in Y?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:53 pm

If you like it that much then why not go for Mixed Fleet and take a pay cut.

Now that would be backing BA!!

Originally Posted by Speedbird218
For me...and yes slightly OT, was my first flight as VCC.

It was the first day of the second set of strikes.

Finished my 747 conversion course on the Friday evening at 8pm. Walked into CRC, 8 am the next morning to report for my flight. Was really worried about how a VCC would be welcomed by the CC, even though they crossed the picket line. Was made to feel really welcome in the briefing room, I explained that it was my first flight as VCC. Walked down to the gate, round of applause from the pax sitting at the gate. Got on board, the CC could not have been more supportive with me finding my feet on board. There was a real team spirit, lots of pax thanked us for working when the strike was on.

Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I will forget about 2010 and cherish 2009. No standout experiences this year but a lot of lesser ones.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Had some wonderful experiences in 2009 on ORD-LHR and LHR-BRU. However 2010 was not that good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.